cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Base App - Attachment Download Criteria

Winter 17 or later

1. Need Capability to restrict different attachment file types to download at Location and IP level in Install Base App.
  2. Need Capability to restrict the attachment download based on the date. Eg: I do not want to download more than 2yrs old attachment to FSA at IP and Location.
  3. Need Capability to control attachment download based on Device instead of Profile. Eg: I want to download attachment to Windows FSA only but not on iPad FSA.
What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
In long run, we would have more attachments at Location and IP level. We do not want to download older attachment which are more than 2years old. I do not want download all attachment on iPad but I want to download on Windows FSA app
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
no
Product Area?
Communities Installed Base Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
5 Comments
Employee
Employee
Product Team
Product Team

Hello, just an update on this:

#1 is available in the in Win'17 release of FSA.

#2 is not yet planned on the roadmap, but will confirm when this item is prioritized.

#3 is on the 18 month roadmap for FSA, but we have not identified a specific release yet.

Thanks,

Amit

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi Amit Jain

Thanks for your inputs. I am not able to configure the item 1 because I have option to configure different download criteria for different profile but not on Object(Location, IP) level. Could you please provide the steps to do it? Please see screenshot

Thanks,

Sandeep

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks Sandeep Reddy Musku​ for the detailed response. By default the IB app attachment feature applies to both Installed Product and Location objects. The configuration is not separated by Installed Product or Location object separately, so the specified file type restrictions would be applied to both objects.  I hope that helps - let me know if you have any more clarifications.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: On The Roadmap