Offset Scheduled Date of PM

Currently, the standard behaviour for a Preventive Maintenance Plan is that a PM Work Order is scheduled in reference to the Start Date of the PM Plan.

For example:

If you create a PM Plan for 1 PM per year, with a Start Date of !st January xxxx, the Scheduled On date will be December 2016.

For a number of reasons, this is not always desired. If have a small backlog of PMs, we will likely not complete the PM in the contract year. Not good for contract discussions. In many cases, we want to do a PM around midway through the contract.

The requirement is to be able to set an offset against the Start Date of the PM , that allows you to define when you would like the PM WOs to be scheduled.

To overcome this restriction, I have created non recurring PM Plan Sequences, which allow me to schedule at whatever date I wish, regardless of how many PMs are required per year. Some of our contracts run for 6 years, and this means for 4 PMs per year, we need 24 sequences.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
To enable the use of recurring sequences on PM Plans, regardless of when you would like to schedule the PM WO.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Multiple non recurring sequences
Product Area?
Communities Preventive Maintenance
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 16
4 Comments
Employee
Employee

Hi Trevor,

Would it be possible to connect sometime this week to go over the issue in detail.  If possible I would like to see how you define the scheduled and PM's today. I am trying to understand exactly whats needed.

Thanks,

Tushar.

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi Tushar

I am sorry, I did not see your request to connect, I have been travelling. I would be very happy to connect, and explain my request in more detail. Friday 24/2/17 at 11.00 or 15.30 is good for me.

Regards

Trevor

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi Tushar

The idea posted by Dawn Plaskon regarding scheduling based on last PM should be considered with my idea.

Regards

Trevor

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @trevordrury ,

Could you please update me on whether this idea has been resolved through recent PM time based functionality that was introduced in the last year and a half?

"PM Delayed Start" will actually allow an admin user to include delay and delay units in a PM Plan, so that the first service date can be scheduled/delayed according to the values given. For Example: The first schedule date was set as Start Date + Frequency. If you specify delay, the first schedule date is set as Start Date + Delay and the subsequent schedules will be the Last Run Date + Frequency. If the delay is not specified, the first service date will remain Start Date + Frequency.

Delay can be input by entering a value in the Start Date Delay field and entering the delay unit in Start Date Delay Unit field. This functionality is separate from the Dynamic Adjustment functionality, and may meet the requirement you have described. 

You can read more about Delayed Start for PMs in the SVMX User Docs, under "PM Templates & Time Based PM Plans"