cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Plan Activation error message repositioning and more error details

The activation error in the top of the screen its almost unnoticeable. Also, its showing only for 1 second and there is no time to catch the error + the position of error message too.

The idea is to reposition the error message to a more visible position and also to provide more details of error message like "An applicable product its not included in ....." etc.

Error message showing in this screenshot for reference.

Screen Shot 2019-02-07 at 4.25.09 PM.png

How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Opening a case with Support or spending days/week troubleshooting internally.
Product Area?
Preventive Maintenance
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 18
2 Comments
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@lacy_cotton  @omarrodriguez  Is this still an issue?  Thanks!

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi @lisa_mercer ,

Currently, no enhancement has been delivered for this request. I think it would help the team if we had more clarity on the use case scenario in which this issue was presenting itself. 

@omarrodriguez , can you answer a few quick questions, please? 

• To confirm - you recieve this error when using the standard 'Activate PM Plan' SFM, yes?
  • The error message indicates that you attempted to activate a PM Plan (of Product coverage type) without any PM Coverages associated to the PM Plan, is that correct?
  • You are encountering this error using salesforce classic, as opposed to Lightning Experience

The Standard 'Activate PM Plan' SFM is actually a VFpage in disguise (a necessary part of its design, due to how it kicks off a series of backend functionality when activating a PM Plan), which means that at time its behavior is a little different from what a user can expect from a regular SFM transaction (like error pop up messages or an error sidebar). 

I actually tested this with a few different scenarios, both in the classic interface and using the lightning experience, and I consider it a very valid issue. In the Lightning Experience SFM, I found that the error message doesn't appear at all, instead simply navigating the user back to the PM Plan with no explanation whatsoever. 

With all this in mind, I have added this issue to the backlog for PM enhancement. I'm going to leave the status as 'Under consideration' for now because I do not yet have a timeline/release that I can commit to, but the team and I will research the LOE for its future delivery. 

Thank you for your input!