cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Plan next scheduled date is only updated on Preventive Maintenance Process and not before

PM Plan next scheduled date is only updated on Preventive Maintenance Process and not before

Example of as is: 

There is a PM Plan with 'Dynamic time based settings' from Type  'Actual'. A yearly activity is planned for the 1st of June.
The technician carries out the activity 15 days later. The 'scheduled on date' for the next pm is (AGAIN) set to next years 1st of June after WO closure.
- We figured out that the date is not shifting to the 15th of June until Plan ist not affected by the 'Preventive Maintenance Process'.
Our Preventive Maintenance Process is configured to create Work orders 90 days before scheduled date.
That means that we are not able too look more than 90 days into the future. We will not be able to do a yearly forecast.

To be:

When the activity is carried out by the technician (in difference to the scheduled date) we would love to see that shift immediately.

@glynrogers That was the 'problem' we have with the PM Planning

@robi_duss @k_wiegand @staujade @volkende 

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Ressource Planning
Product Area?
PM Planning
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
2 Comments
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi All, 

As it looks like this idea falls under my jurisdiction (Preventive Maintenance), I'm going to grab it and move it over to the "Other Features & Tools" Ideas board with other PM concerns. I'm also updating this idea to 'Under consideration' as I review the scenario around failure to adjust the Scheduled On Date.

A couple of questions: 

• Are you utilizing the Time-Based Configuration on the Time Based PM Plan Templates (found at the header level), or the Time-Based PM Schedule Template Lines on Condition-Based PM Plan Templates?
  • For the PM Plan Template, what values have you configured for your 'Min Activity Changed' and your 'Max Activity Changed?'
  • Is your 'Activity Work Order' configured for First Activity or Last Activity?
  • Are you using the Coverage Type of 'Product?'

I believe it should be expected behavior for the PM Process to update the 'Scheduled On Date' of your PM Schedule (found on the PM Plan) to a rescheduled value if the tracked actual value of the previous PM Work Order falls between your Min and Max Activity Changed values. This is how you can check whether a dynamic reschedule has successfully occurred (prior to the next WO being generated by the PM Process). 

If you can provide some clarification on the questions above, I'd be very grateful and will incorporate them into my enhancement review. Also, if a case/defect has ever existed for this, can you please provide a number? 

Thank you! 

~Lacy Cotton

CC @gabriele_bodda 

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Dear @lacy_cotton ,

thanks for taking over that 'issue'.

Here a few short answers to your questions:

1. Are you utilizing the Time-Based Configuration on the Time Based PM Plan Templates (found at the header level), or the Time-Based PM Schedule Template Lines on Condition-Based PM Plan Templates?
    --> We are using the time-based conf. on the header level
  2. For the PM Plan Template, what values have you configured for your 'Min Activity Changed' and your 'Max Activity Changed?'
    --> Generally we have in all standard templates a 'min activity change' with 30 days and 'max activity changed' is empty.

3. Is your 'Activity Work Order' configured for First Activity or Last Activity?
    --> 'Last activity' for the case we have one work order for one product. We have a second case where we have a collective WO. Here we look on a single Date field on this collective WO.
  4. Are you using the Coverage Type of 'Product?'
    --> Yes