cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single pricebook functionality that works offline and online

Currently, the Advanced Get Price functionality is very complex, not easy to manage, and dependent on many configurations that do not necessarily apply to a business case.  Most organizations use ERP has their source of truth and primarily operate using materials/products and material codes/product codes.  The idea is to enable the ability to associate a single product with a price that includes the categorization for Parts, Labor, Expense, and Travel tabs on a single pricebook.  For scenarios where prices are dependent on certain attributes (i.e. Activity), you could possibly add it on the pricebook entry itself.  By doing this, you keep all of the pricebook prices together, easily filterable, and easy to maintain. 

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
The level of maintenance required for Advanced Pricing is very complex and not easy for the general user. The pricing options in ServiceMax do not currently mimic how pricing is held in ERP, typically a company's source of truth.
Product Area?
Communities Parts Management Warranties & Contracts
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Autumn 17
2 Comments
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

There are some ideas for assigning Pricebooks to Accounts and Installed Products which are under consideration, I have linked them below.

I think these might be a more viable approach to accessing a pricebook for 'Get Price' functionality without needing the complexity of a contract. At the moment, we do not have a plan to deliver an enhancement as you have described above. 

Regards,

Lacy Cotton-Hodgson