Technical Attributes

Technical Attributes have ability to configure based on Standard Fields: Products, Product Line and Product Family. We would like to have ability to configure Technical attributes based on Custom Fields specific to our Org. This is blocking us from adapting this solution.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Configure Technical Attributes based in Custom field.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
no solution
Product Area?
Installed Base Management Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
5 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jonas JohanssonLindsey JayNicola Griffin-SeabyMichael Horsley​ I created this idea as this is blocker to adopt this new feature in our Org

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Sandeep Reddy Musku​, can you provide some more details on this idea please?

Regards, Richard

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Richard Lewis  we have custom fields for Products family, BU etc, TA doesn't give configuration option for these fields. It supports only standard objects. I hope this clarifies.

Product Team
Product Team
Product Team
Product Team

Sandeep Reddy Musku

Template selection is based on pre-defined fields on our configuration.

I wanted to understand on what basis selection of template happens if we support custom fields.

If you have more than one custom field and there are templates on each of them then do you intend to define the selection based on the priority set. i.e search based on custom field 1 if not found then search for template with custom field 2.

As per your use-case

1. Is template selection based on combination of few field values  or

2. If template not found on field 1 then search based on another custom field

3. Do you define templates based on the IB category other based on Product category.

Any another feedback to understand the usage will help

CC Amit Jain