Time Entries process

In the current setup of Time entries: Network and ShareIdeas Exchange

Problems:

1) Selection of start and end dates takes lot of time

2) Technician is not defaulted to current User

3) Copy/Clone option not provided for the lines

4) Default Calculation of Line Qty based on start and end dates

Ideas:

1) Can we default standard set of hours based on some setting. For example If we select Date and today and time as 8.00 AM then default the End Date based on some setting like 5.00 PM if the standard hours are 9 hours for the Tech.

2) Can we default the Tech to the current user?

3) Can we clone a particular line which has the same part # and just change the dates on that.

4) Default calculation can be done easily as I have already did that through custom code but its nice to have within the software itself.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
All the points which are mentioned under problems section.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Technicians are using the what is available and there has been lot of complaints on improving the current setup.
Product Area?
Communities
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
3 Comments
Line Chef
Line Chef

My organization is on Winter 17, but I would like to add my voice to this idea - Time entry is a prohibitively (and perhaps apropos) time-consuming process for our field team. Ideally, for us, it would be integer entry or an hour/quarter hour dial for timespan entry, rather than start and end date, for all involved fields - It would at the very least cut the involved entry time in half, if not a much smaller amount of time.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Some requests here are included in a number of existing Ideas, and are critical to improved user experience.  There may be a few others as well, but I think these capture many of your requests.

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Product Team Review

We are working to improve all parts of the data entry experience and are taking these suggestions under advisement. In the meantime, we recommend that you upgrade to the most current version of ServiceMax and switch to the SFDC Lightning experience as it has a more modern and efficient user interface.