Upgrade Impact Assessment Tool

Upgrade Impact Assessment Tool

Can we have a tool that shows us all the accumulative changes from one version to another, for when we are trying to assess the impact of upgrading?

I typically upgrade through several versions so would like to see the changes from the version I am currently using through to the version I am looking to upgrade to. It should show the technical changes and not just the feature changes (that tend to be too high level to assess risk against).

How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Reviewing all the related release notes for the upgrades in question and compiling a picture of the changes. Getting further clarification raising tickets and posting on the community.
Product Area?
Communities Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
5 Comments
Roast Chef mark_taylor
Roast Chef

Additionally, having just tried to upgrade to a later version and hit SF limits because the upgrade introduces more cross object references, the tool should be able to analyse the org for compatibility with the upgrade(s) and advise where there may be problems.

Line Chef genreddy
Line Chef

Hi Mark,

We are also looking to upgrade the SMAX, before upgrade want to check the impact assessment. Were you able to get any tools or share your experience on this. Thanks.

Customer Success Team

@mark_taylor  Have you utilized our pre-check services prior to upgrade?  This is something introduced mid-2018.

Roast Chef mark_taylor
Roast Chef

Hi @lisa_mercer , how do I get to the check?  Is it a ticket or chargeable service?

Customer Success Team

@mark_taylor  I'll get with @stephanie_nguye  and @aaron_henley  today to get you an email with more info.

Thanks!