Validate Address on Location

Configurable Product trigger that would “Validate address” on ‘Create’ of a Locations.  For example, one of my customers is going to create the Locations via their ERP system and they want the “Validate address” on ‘Create’ so the Locations Latitude and Longitude coordinates are automatically updated when the Location record is created by the ERP system.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
-
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
-
Product Area?
Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
9 Comments
Fry Chef tom_brennan
Fry Chef

Hi Mike,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but we do have an existing address verification solution for ServiceMax.  It also provides latitude and longitude coordinates.

Address Verification and Data Cleansing - Acme Data - Enterprise Data Quality Software

Tom Brennan

www.acmedata.net

(925) 913-4591 office

(408) 930-6686 cell

Sushi Chef aidankirkpatric
Sushi Chef

Hi Mike,

Did this ever happen?  We would love for this to happen too!

Regards,

Aidan

Employee
Employee

Thanks, Tom.  This looks really nice and it's good to know it works with ServiceMax objects.  I will be sure to mention this as an option when talking to clients.  address verification​ acmedata​

Thanks,

Mike

Employee
Employee

Hi Aidan - I will keep checking and let you know as soon as I hear any updates on this topic.  At least its on the Community so we can all vote on it.  validateaddress​ apex triggers​

Roast Chef alex_langston
Roast Chef

This would be great but...wouldn't this fail depending on how many Locations were inserted/updated in a given batch due to the limitations of Google API for geolocation services?

Would work fantastically on 1-10 record batches - but anything more than that would likely fail out or stop early :/

Believe this is why there is not a "Validate All Addresses" button - and requires you to trigger on each record individually

Retired

Hi All,

We've review the request and understand the enhancement ask but this is currently not planned to be addressed in the near term roadmap. If this request gains traction then we will move to under consideration and re-review the priority.  Thank you. 

Roast Chef sonia_genesse
Roast Chef

All,

We also create the Locations via their ERP system and would want to be able to “Validate address” on ‘Create’ so the Locations Latitude and Longitude coordinates are automatically updated when the Location record is created by our ERP system. Otherwise, this would be a manual process that none of the users are doing since the Locations are being created automatically.

Natively, SMAX requires that you click on the “Validate address”  SFM, which of course since this is automated via our integration does not work for us with the volume of records created each day and no one is actually going into each Location record.

There is an older post, but looks like it would require some customization in order to implement:Bulk Processing of Latitudes and Longitudes

Hopefully, this will be reconsidered as a need to have request and placed on a future roadmap!

Thanks,

Sonia

Retired

Thanks for the feedback Sonia.  I've also changed the status of this to "under consideration" to allow for this idea to still gain traction in votes. (Not planned didn't allow for that).  

Roast Chef sonia_genesse
Roast Chef

Great thanks Chris! I hope this helps us get some votes on this issue!

Sonia