cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

option to have Finalize and Cancel -buttons visible in the bottom of the screen when creating output document

option to have Finalize and Cancel -buttons visible in the bottom of the screen when creating output document

I would like to have the option to have Finalize and Cancel -buttons visible in the bottom of the screen when generating output document with signature on mobile device.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
This way users would not need to scroll all the way back up to finalize the report.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Currently users need to scroll back up after signing.
Product Area?
Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
8 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

It would be great to be able to configure this and choose where it should display. Depending on the format of your output document you may have the signature at the top or the bottom, and it makes sense that the finalise button is in a similar place. For us, you scroll to the bottom to sign, then have to scroll back to the top to finalise.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

It would also be good to have a way to validate on the device that it has been done so we can prevent further processing until it is done.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Are we any nearer to this long awaited change to make life easier..... Saving lots of un-necessary scrolling up and down the iPad screen?

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Mark Taylor​, did you solve this issue of preventing further processing without a signature? We are doing this currently in our config to prevent Work Order closure without a signature.

Regards, Richard

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Richard Lewis​ I set a Signatures_Captured checkbox on the originating work order in the SFM, using the Target Object Update,  in the SFM that creates the document.  I then use that checkbox in enabling criteria in subsequent actions. It doesn't positively confirm the signature but it will confirm that the report has finalised and you can make the signatures mandatory so it cannot be finalised without them.

R/Mark

Product Team
Product Team

@archana_krishna @joseph_june  FYR

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Product Team Review

Product Team
Product Team

The new phone app has a design where this scrolling is not necessary. I wish I could attach a small video here, but here are some screengrabs.

If you are our beta partner, please comment on what you think about this design? It sure will be a design consideration for the tablets.

3-Sign.jpeg3. Signature2-Push to sign.jpeg2. push to Sign1-Signature capture.jpeg1-Signature action