Advanced SFM Search

It has been requested to provide a layer of advanced search options to expose/limit the fields that can be searched within the search console that is loaded.  At the moment we can configure what fields are searched against, what fields are shown, and what order results are shown.  It has been requested to provide a layer of advanced search options to expose/limit the fields that can be searched within the search console that is loaded.  This would be to choose the field that is searched against if too many results are shown, Add a Search term per field searched against, and/or  the possibility to search with a comma delimited search where the addition of terms does not exclude results as you add characters.

Product Area?
Communities Returns Management & Depot Repair
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
6 Comments
Employee
Employee

Ted - so right now you could search for a Part with the Product Code but the current search won't support multiple search items like if I wanted to search for Product Code=8810 and At or Below Reorder = Yes??

In your example, the user would type into the search:  8810 & yes

Employee
Employee

Hi Mike,  Yes, or something similar or have an expansion similar to SFDC Advanced Search where we can apply word search per searchable fields configured.  This would allow for a nice granular look and feel.  I also like having the approach you have listed where we can have multiple words search separately for the same string.

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

pitney bowes​ would benefit greatly from this idea.

Grill Chef timothy_schrimp
Grill Chef

I agree with Richard Lewis and think this would be beneficial to Pitney Bowes. Great Suggestion!

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Not Planned

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Hi @shivaranjini_g , we would like to understand further why this is not planned for implementation. Can you email me details please richard.lewis1@pb.com.

Regards, Richard