Audit Log for ServiceMax Changes

There is currently no easy way to see audit history of ServiceMax configuration changes. Modifying an SFM for example. This should be similar to the Salesforce Audit log.

Also our experience is that when a user modifies one thing in the org, which we think is using translation workbench, then all the last modified stamps get updated. This erases the little audit info of last modified that we do have.

Due to the way that ServiceMax manage SFM updates turning on field history tracking for the relevant ServiceMax configuration objects would not be enough for auditors.

This is the feedback from the Product team in a ServiceMax Knowledge article:

However, in regard to SFM changes, there is no OOTB UI to track changes to SFM settings.

ServiceMax uses record data to create the SFM transactions, mapping, filter criteria etc. You can use field history tracking on the ServiceMax Process and ServiceMax Config Data objects. However, when changes are made to a mapping or page layout within an SFM, the existing record data is deleted and new records are created.

It is technically possible to track SFM changes in the database, but would require technical expertise from SVMX to make sense of the underlying databases that track the SFM changes.

Use of Salesforce Audit Trails Feature to Track Changes

idea 1467

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Unable to meet audit requirements to track changes using ServiceMax Setup.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Not addressed
Product Area?
Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
34 Comments
Pastry Chef acooper
Pastry Chef

Great idea!

Customer Success Team

Michael Majerus​  I believe this aligns perfectly with the request Bio-Rad made that was escalated to our Product Team.

Customer Success Team

Amit JainAnita D'Souza​  Hi, Amit and Anita.  This aligns with one of the product items submitted by the CSM team.  Kevin Maufer

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef
Grill Chef timothy_schrimp
Grill Chef

I agree with the idea as well.

Line Chef billlunsf
Line Chef

Sounds like a very good idea!

Customer Success Team

Carol Chu​  Tagging you - this is something that might be of interest to you!

Line Chef a275mka
Line Chef

Great idea Richard, I think this would be a great benefit to all who use the service.

Roast Chef brendenburkinsh
Roast Chef

Gets my vote, great idea Richard Lewis

Line Chef lori_eng-lapins
Line Chef

This is much needed. It is an audit issue for us.