cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-generate output documents and email to customer.

Generating a service quote using an output document in ServiceMax requires manual intervention 100% of the time. Users can render the document in HTML, but to have it converted to a PDF, a user has to manually click the 'Finalize' button. There should be a way to both generate the document as a PDF and also to email it to a customer using a Salesforce email template. I have contacted ServiceMax and also looked through the Community. So far, I have not found any information on how to achieve this.

How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Each service quote must be manually generated, then manually attached to an email and manually sent to the customer.
Product Area?
Communities Warranties & Contracts Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
18 Comments
Anita_Dsouza
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Michael, This feature is on our roadmap planned for later part of 2018 / first half of 2019. Currently, Professional Services team has developed a solution that might meet your requirement i.e., once you 'Finalize' the service quote and PDF document is generated, via a scheduled batch job the email is sent out to the Contact with attachment. Please work with Lisa Mercer​ to get further details on this solution.

nick_sauer
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Anita,

It sounds like this is the ability to automate email w/ attachment once the attachment is already manually created -- is that correct?

I think the primary issue for those on the chain is the inability to access the SFM, and specifically finalize button, without manually accessing it.  This prevents use of scheduled SFM, qualification logic, etc. in auto-creating the output document, and is forcing some into VF pages to renderasPDF>  just want to make sure I'm understanding correctly that the ability to access SFM/Finalize via scheduled job or programatically is what is being discussed for 2018/2019.

Thanks!

Anita_Dsouza
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Nick - We will likely approach this in 2-step. First, automate the email w/ attachment once the attachment is created. And then, automate document generation via the scheduled job. I am looking for some clarity on language selection as part of this. Let me know if you do have a multi-language selection as part of your business use-case as I would like to connect to get further information. Thanks!

nick_sauer
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Thanks Anita.  We do have language-specific output documents, and control selection via conditional SFM wizard based on account language. The idea would be to have access through following channels:

1. Scheduled SFM:  Run via qualification criteria as per standard process.
    1. Example:  Work Order hits Status X w/ Language Y, and that scheduled SFM Z
  2. Programmatically:  Some interface through which developer can access the Finalize action to deposit PDF as if user clicked manually
    1. Example:  "Finalize" via custom VF page

Just let me know if that doesn't make sense.  Ramesh could also help here as the more knowledgeable technical resource on our end.  Ramesh Kotamareddy

mcoutu
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

This is something we are interested in implementing.  It appears that some customers have already implemented and it might be in an upcoming roadmap, but I hope we can roll this out in advance.  I would welcome any updates anyone has on this and how it worked if they did have something done for them.

mark_v3553
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hi all, FYI - we currently have the ability for the engineer from the iPad within the WO to enter an email address, and on completion of the output document the document will email with a defined template to the email address entered. This was developed for us by ServiceMax, and is managed within our Custom Settings, where it is named "Email Service Report Name Settings". This allows us to define which documents are to be considered with this program, and every 10mins an Apex job runs to search for all output documents created in the last 10mins, and email where the field "Send report by email to" is populated. If blank, it is ignored, and not emailed anywhere. The delivery of the report is sent as an attachment from our org wide email address, with a template that we specified complete with our company logo etc.

pmhodgson
Retired
Retired

@Anita_Dsouza is there an update on the progress of this request? Do we have something on the roadmap to address the auto-generation of the PDF documents?

lisa_mercer
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@Anita_Dsouza  Would you be able to provide an update on this?  Thanks!