Auto-generate output documents and email to customer.

Auto-generate output documents and email to customer.

Generating a service quote using an output document in ServiceMax requires manual intervention 100% of the time. Users can render the document in HTML, but to have it converted to a PDF, a user has to manually click the 'Finalize' button. There should be a way to both generate the document as a PDF and also to email it to a customer using a Salesforce email template. I have contacted ServiceMax and also looked through the Community. So far, I have not found any information on how to achieve this.

How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Each service quote must be manually generated, then manually attached to an email and manually sent to the customer.
Product Area?
Communities Warranties & Contracts Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
18 Comments
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hello @Michael Majerus,

This is something that our business could also benefit from; although the process in intended to be 'paper-free' some of our customers require a physical copy of the output document to verify what work/activities we have completed whilst our employees have worked on their site. It would be beneficial for a user to be able to transmit by email a copy of the output documents relevant to the work carried out - although we wouldn't want it to be transmitted from the engineers own email address, ideally sent with the 'From' being a central email address where any replies would be sent to our centralized offices. I support this idea, and think it would be a good step!

Best regards, Mark

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Brian Waiser​  FYI

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Deirdre YeeNicole Guzzo​ Can we consolidate this idea with Nick's Idea 1474?  They are the same request for functionality. Can we also combine the votes so that we can get this in front of the Product team sooner?

Lisa MercerBrian WaiserNick Sauer

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Update: I have spoken with Professional Services and they have confirmed that there is no existing way to automate the generation of an output doc including service reports and service quotes. Instead, the solution recommended is to build the document in Visual Force and trigger the PDF and emailing if desired.

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Michael Majerus - Thank you for this idea. This feature is being currently tracked on our roadmap.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi all, we have provided this request to ServiceMax and they have provided us a quotation to develop this functionality for us. Thanks for all the comments.

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

bio-rad

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Mark, would you please let me know if the solution quoted by SMax differs from the one I received a few months ago?

"build the document using Visual Force instead of SMax Output Document and then trigger the PDF and emailing if desired".

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Anita, this functionality is pivotal in a project we are about to kick off. I would prefer to use the native SMax output document format instead of having to recreate the documents in Visual Force as proposed by PS. Is there any way to get this feature evaluated for approximate timeline for release? Knowing the timeline will help us to know whether or not we should pursue the OOB or custom path. This is a highly valuable feature for customers looking to automate document generation and we hope to use it for several key business processes.