cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure SFM sections when editing a record to automatically be expanded or collapsed on mobile

Configure SFM sections when editing a record to automatically be expanded or collapsed on mobile

Today whenever you launch an edit SFM on iPhone (Summer 16), every section is always collapsed. Therefore a tech has to always expand a section before any edits can be made. For example, I launch the edit SFM and am greeted with this:

I would like to be able to configure the SFM sections to be expanded or collapsed by default when creating the screen design. For example, I could do it here:

Therefore this would prevent the tech from having to click "Expand All" every single time they edit a record. We could also define some sections to be collapsed and some to be expanded, so the most critical information is shown to the tech, and supplementary information is just a click away (they can click to expand).

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Reducing the number of clicks for a tech to be able to edit a record
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
n/a
Product Area?
Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
2 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

This would be very helpful from a usability standpoint. Right now, we have an entire section on our SFM which contains fields which are required to be on the layout for SFM-related validation, formulas, and mapping. Until the SFM no longer required these fields on the layout, at least we could collapse the section and it would remember the setting from work order to work order.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Totally agree Michael, hopefully its considered in FSA!

For anyone reading this comment, make sure you vote on this too, to remove the requirement to add extra fields just to make the formulas, validations etc. to work: