Configure Save Menu Position

It would be very helpful to allow the Save Menu to be replicated (and moved) to various positions within the SFM designer.  For example, in a larger SFM, the position of Save Menu at top of screen only can lead to a lot of unnecessary scrolling.

Save section in SFM.jpg

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Excessive scrolling
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
Users are just scrolling up or down as needed.
Product Area?
Mobile Field Service Management Parts Management Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
6 Comments
Roast Chef
Roast Chef
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Nick Sauer - Thanks for your idea submission. Just to clarify, you are referring to ISFM Transaction delivery and not SFM designer, correct? If yes, then the good news is that in the new SFM Delivery that we are theming to be aligned with Salesforce lightning on the web will have an anchored Top panel, i.e., Primary Buttons like Save and Cancel along with Secondary Button - Get Price and other Custom Action buttons will be anchored on the top.

The SFM Lightning GA is planned for SPR18, but if you are interested can we can provide a walk-through of the restricted availability version which will be available as part of WIN18.

Lisa Mercer - FYI

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Thanks Anita - I'm talking about "Screen Designer" in SFM Transaction Designer menu.  We have some larger SFMs that require top-> bottom scrolling, which would be pronounced in offline single column as well.  Having anchored top menu, or configurable at top of sections, would be helpful.  We are not yet on Lightning - estimated this summer.

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks, Nick for your response. I'll work with Lisa Mercer and reach out to you to get more information regarding the "Screen Designer" as we plan to work on this next after SFM Lightning Delivery.

Retired
Retired

@Anita_Dsouza is this under consideration for the new SFM Designer UX?

Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: Delivered

With the launch of the new SFM Designer in 19.3, now the 'Save' option is anchored on the top along with background save when you navigate from one tab to another.