cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make lookup filter available for multi-select picklist

We have a SFM to let our engineers debrief their Work Order. In this transaction we use a lookup field to Activity Master. In the Activity Master we set up a lot of activities with a Product Family (Multi-Select Picklist). This means an action is applicable for 1 or multiple Product Families.

Now in the SFM I would like to limit the activities the engineer can choose, based on the Product Family of that Work Order. e.g. if the product family of the Work Order is "Laptop", I want the lookup screen to show all Activities that have "Laptop" chosen in the Multi-Select Picklist. Currently this functionality only works when the Activity Master record has only 1 value for Product Family, but I want it to work whenever one of the values selected is "Laptop".

Hopefully its clear! If not, let me know and I can try to explain further.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Avoid creating duplicate records for different familiesImprove system maintenance/development
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
n/a
Product Area?
Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
4 Comments
Employee
Employee

Team, this is again a requirement from IBA. Currently they are in SPR 16 SP and go live on 28 Apr 2017. Expecting this feature to be added the upcoming release.

Employee
Employee

Hi, Any update on this post ? IBA is expecting this feature available in product asap. they are in SPR 16 Sp and if there is any plan to incorporate this feature in upcoming release then please keep us informed.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

It would be useful for us to have the ability to filter even regular picklist values in an SFM.

For example, we may have a picklist with reasons why a tech cant finish a work order:

- Needs parts, I have to return

- Needs parts, doesn't need a return visit

- Customer Closed

- Need help from colleague

But if I have a SFM for each of these reasons, I would like a SFM for "Need Parts", and only let the tech pick these reasons:

- Needs parts, I have to return

- Needs parts, doesn't need a return visit

Instead of seeing the full list of picklist values as sometimes the list is very large and we want to be more targeted within an individual SFM.

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Totally agree - would be very helpful to be able to filter the pick list based on another condition