Multi level filter criteria for SFM Lookups

Multi level filter criteria for SFM Lookups

I think it would be good if the current filter for SFM lookups would be enhanced to multilevel.

Have a similar configuration as with salesforce reports filters

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
If I currently need to filter a lookup for e.g. a product on WO debrief I can only select 1 level e.g. product family but I need product family and product line.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
not
Product Area?
Communities Parts Management Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 18
3 Comments
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Bram de Jong​. I'm not sure if this feature will meet your needs as there are some limitations, but have you looked into configuring an Advanced Lookup filter? Details are in the User Guide page 1729. From my experience it takes some playing with to get working and you can't match a value to the Work Order, but you can match based on defined values.

Ideally, one would be able to match a dynamic value from the Work Order header using an SFM Literal within the Advanced Lookup filter criteria, but that type of Literal is not currently supported. I reported the same issue in this Idea:

In your example, if you needed to limit the filter to a specific Product Line, then that should be possible.

bio-rad​ advanced_lookup_filter​ lookup filters​

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

HI Michael,

Of course I have looked at the advanced criteria but until all literals are supported this will not solve my problem as both criteria and advanced criteria are static filters.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Bram de Jong​. Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure how many people are familiar with the Advanced Lookup filters, so there are not yet enough votes to put this on Product's radar.

bio-rad advanced_lookup_filter lookup filters