cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the field reference If the field is not present in destination environment

Remove the field reference If the field is not present in destination environment

0 Likes

This idea is related to Migrating the SFMs using the SFM migrator. I came across this issue when i was done with migration and migration went successful. This migration included my "Create Installed Product" from Location. When i tied to create a Installed product from Location and click on Save, the SFM did not save instead, it kept on showing me the message "Processing".

when i investigated the issue, there was field in Source environment(from where I migrated) which was not present in Destination environment(to where i migrated) and the that field was being used for mapping purpose in "Location to Installed Product" field mapping.

Idea here is, whenever a field referred in SFM mappings is not present in destination environment can a error be thrown in SFM migrator while validating. Right now error is thrown for SFM expressions when a field is present and the user migrating the SFMs does not have access to the field but the same does not work for SFM Mappings.

Product Area?
Returns Management & Depot Repair
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
2 Comments
Product Team
Product Team
Status changed to: New

@arunaveeru  This is handled in Migration tool now. During validation error is thrown to the user if any of the fields used in the configuration is missing in the target org. 

Please recheck and confirm if this is resolved.

Community Manager
Community Manager