cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFM Column Width Setting in Transaction Designer

Currently SFM Column Width is set based on field type, and is often not conducive for the actual entries made in these fields. User can expand fields only within the transaction itself.

Allow SFM Column Width to be set manually and saved in the Transaction Designer.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Lack of customization for usability improvements in the SFM transaction designer
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
It cannot be addressed today except within the SFM transaction itself - at an individual level.
Product Area?
Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
12 Comments
Retired
Retired

All customers would like more control of their SFM look/feel

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Nick - Do you need to adjust SFM columns while viewing the data on Work Order or during Work Detail line entry? Currently, we do have an extended edit for updating data, which we can make default modal for entering the data. Let me know if this will help.

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 5.40.23 PM.png

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Anita,

No not extended edit. I'm talking about horizontal scroll column width. It is much faster for entry if the column width can be customized.

BR,

Nick

Sent from my iPhone

Product Team
Product Team

Nick Sauer - Currently within SFM Delivery, the column width of the related line-level can be managed by the individual user and this is saved as the user preference for that SFM transaction. Now if the user relaunches this SFM Transaction, the personalized column width holds good. Do you want the column width to be managed by ServiceMax Admin in the SFM Designer vs. end-user personalization?

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Anita,

Ideally we need admin to be able to set width. User can then change and save locally if they want. I have not seen any local save function and column widths do not hold in my system, so this is interesting to hear. Is there an instruction somewhere detailing how that works or is it just browser cache and then clears?

Best regards, Nick

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Nick Sauer, is that a setting we can enable to have users personal settings "stick"?

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

That's the idea from my side -- similar to how SAP allows you to save.

So admin should have the control globally to set default, but then user can override/save per their profile based on the fields they need.

Product Team
Product Team

With SFM Lightning beta in WIN18, you can expand as well as minimize the column width so that more columns/data can be accessed by the user.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Thanks Anita - very helpful, and thank you for the support!

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Team,

I'm seeing multiple Ideas across the Community related to SFM Column width. We are looking forward to the additional screen real-estate we'll get with SFM Lightning, but I believe there is still the user request to allow the SMax admin to globally pre-define the column width for all users so that they do not have to individually, manually configure the columns to best fit the data. Also, I believe that the current per-user settings are only retained in the cache which is cleared periodically and would need to be reset.

It would be ideal for the SMax admin to be able to drag column width within the SFM designer itself, and for those column width settings to be automatically saved and deployed with the SFM to all users.

sfm designer​ Kevin MauferAnita D'SouzaLisa Mercer​ bio-rad​ column size

columns​