SFM Mapping - Make UI more Intuitive

SFM Mapping - Make UI more Intuitive

This is a minor UI annoyance but can lead to issues if an admin does not know ServiceMax well. When accessing an SFM Mapping, existing maps are not visible unless the user drills down by checking to see if any maps have been created in the past. If the admin does not know to check this picklist, then he/she might assume there are no existing maps created for this object combination.

I would like the maps to be visible when pulling up an object combination so that it's easy to see if any maps already exist. This is very helpful for troubleshooting.

sfm​ sfm designer​ sfm transaction designer​ ui​ servicemax setup​ sfm mapping​ sfm mappings​ sfm field mapping​

Anita D'Souza

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Make the SFM designer more intuitive.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
There is a drop-down to select an existing map, but it's not intuitive.
Product Area?
Communities Warranties & Contracts Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Autumn 17
7 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Michael - Thanks for your idea submission. As part of the new SFM Designer (Designer 2.0) effort, we are actively working on updating the List View for mapping as well as other SFM Component to make it intuitive for end-user. Below is the screenshot of the mock:

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.06.53 PM.png

Let us know your thoughts.

Eunah Lee​ - FYI.

Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Hello Anita D'Souza​, Eunah Lee​. This looks great! Seeing all maps in one view would really help find specific maps more quickly. I like the ability to see where the map is used- that's an essential feature. Could the user in this screen also reverse search by the SFM name and show all of the maps which are present in that SFM? Since the 'Where Used' would have the names of the SFMs, the data should be able to be queried. That would be really helpful.

Is this same approach going to be available for other SFM components like SFM Page Layouts? We have had some issues in the past where we have had to rename SFM Page Layouts because the original layout became corrupted. As such, we have over 100 SFM page layouts which I would like to clean up. Knowing if they are currently being referenced and being able to delete them via a list-view would save a lot of admin time.

Great job team!

Brittany TaylorLisa Mercer​ bio-rad​ sfm designer​ sfm_ui​

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks for the feedback, Michael Majerus !

Re: Search based on SFM Name on Mapping List is something I am planning to incorporate after we have initial release out. The initial release will have search based on columns available in the List View.

Regarding SFM List Views, for the initial release we will enable this for Transaction, Mapping, DVR, Expression in order to ensure we have parity with the Flash-based List views. Eventually we will apply the same list view for the remaining SFM Components such as Formula, Lookup as well as Layout Editor in the subsequent releases. HTH

Employee
Employee

@anita_dsouza   Would you be able to provide an update on this?  Thanks!

Product Team
Product Team

@mmajerus6 @lisa_mercer - I have an upcoming Design Time for the new Designer where I will provide a walk-through of the new Html-based SFM Designer. I would encourage you to attend that session to learn more about the new designer.

https://community.servicemax.com/t5/Customer-User-Group/Design-Time-Designer/gpm-p/16395#M228

Pastry Chef mmajerus6
Pastry Chef

Hello @anita_dsouza! Thank you for the personal invitation. I'll be in Israel that week in June and won't be able to attend either proposed dates, but please let me know if there are any other sessions either in late may or early July that I could attend. We are looking forward to the new designer!

Michael Majerus

Product Team
Product Team

Sure, @mmajerus6. As of now, we don't have other sessions planned, but @Nicole_Guzzo and I will make sure to record the sessions and share it in the community. And we can always follow-up if you have any questions.