cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFM Use Issue - 24hr time – SFDC not allowing English/US to be 24hr. Can SVMX offer?

SFM Use Issue - 24hr time – SFDC not allowing English/US to be 24hr. Can SVMX offer?

Request:  24hr time – SFDC not allowing English/US to be 24hr.  Can SVMX offer?

1. SFDC Locale English (US) does not offer 24 hour time (only English UK as shown)

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
 Clicks Saved: This adds at minimum 4 clicks per line
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
User manually select the AM/PM.
Product Area?
Communities Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
13 Comments
Retired
Retired

This is a known issue for GE, Bayer, and Horiba

Product Team
Product Team

No change planned for MFL at this time.

FSA mobile app will support a generic "24-hour" mode and not something that is tied to specific locale.

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Chris Wada, can you confirm this will be available in online SFMs as well?  Many thanks.

Retired
Retired

Casey Palmer​ Please review and vote.  Currently not planned, but will continue to push.

Line Chef
Line Chef

Interesting that I can't vote on this as its not planned, when it impacts large orgs and looks like such a simple fix.

Retired
Retired

Joseph JuneChris Wada​ This is an enterprise wide need, and since FSA is the solution, please take this out of "NOT PLANNED" status, so more customers can vote on it and raise the priority.  Thanks!  Lisa MercerAnita D'Souza

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Kevin Maufer​  Per Joseph June​ this is planned already for FSA.   FSA mobile app will support a generic "24-hour" mode and not something that is tied to specific locale.

Product Team
Product Team

Nick Sauer Ramesh Kotamareddy Kevin Maufer - Is the ask here to reduce the number of picklist fields for time picker from 3(i.e., HH - MM - AM/PM) to  2( HH - MM) for better efficiency or are there any other business reasons? Please let me know.

Also, I have attached a mock of the time picker that we are considering as part of online SFM UI revamp which will be a single picklist with the ability to override the picklist value manually to provide specific value (Example: Override 11:30 AM with 11:15 AM). Let me know your thoughts.

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 3.56.52 PM.png

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Anita - thank you for the reply and screenshot.

Primary reason for the request is to reduce number of clicks to enter time for those with English/US Locale. 

Questions on the mock-up:

1)  Is the default 30 minute able to be changed to 15 minute in config settings?  This is related to a separate idea on configurable time intervals.Ramesh Kotamareddy

2)  I'm undecided on whether HH:MM is faster than HH then MM -- seems in many cases the save of 2 clicks could be outweighed by increased scrolling?  This would definitely be the case as the defined MM interval shrinks. 

3)  Can the vertical spacing be compressed to reduce scrolling?

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Nick - Thanks for your reply! Please see my response to your questions below:

1)  Is the default 30 minute able to be changed to 15 minute in config settings?  This is related to a separate idea on configurable time intervals. [AD] The plan here is to keep the time picker consistent with SFDC lightning which is 30mins for online SFM UI

2)  I'm undecided on whether HH:MM is faster than HH then MM -- seems in many cases the save of 2 clicks could be outweighed by increased scrolling?  This would definitely be the case as the defined MM interval shrinks. [AD] If we go with 30mins intervals, then we will be having 48 picklist value

3)  Can the vertical spacing be compressed to reduce scrolling? [AD] The spacing is consistent with the SFDC lightning UI, but we can definitely look into this. Doug Van Kirk - Let us know your thoughts.

Note: This mock is only for online SFM UI.

Thanks,

Anita