SFM Use Issue - Cache clear on entry of SFM

SFM Use Issue - Cache clear on entry of SFM

Cache clear on entry of SFM – avoid "undefined" errors (Customization error for "undefined" as well)

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
Users are expecting to avoid clear cache action
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
If any changes in ServiceMax SFM's users need to clear the servicemax cache.
Product Area?
Communities Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 16
8 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Ramesh - Is there a Case ticket created for this? Let me know as I would like Engg. team investigate this issue as to what causes the "undefined" error message. Thanks!

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi Anita, User is trying to submit the work order with 85 - 100 lines and frequently seeing Undefined issue and logged a Support case : 00055145 and after engineering investigation they said that it's more than 1 million characters in transaction. Thanks !

Product Team
Product Team

Thank you, Ramesh! I'll follow-up with the Engg. team on this.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Anita D'Souza​ We have been facing the similar issue since past 1 year and raised multiple cases but we are not receiving permanent resolution. Case 00054353 is open at this point. When we have WO with 100+ lines, its challenging for us to launch SFM sometimes and we would not be able to save the records in case launch is successful. We are awaiting permanent fix since an year.

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks, Sandeep Reddy Musku for your note!  Are you trying to add 100+ lines at one time or is this done incrementally?

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Anita D'Souza We add lines incrementally. When number of lines crosses 100 then the issue starts happening frequently at SFM launch and Save. We are asked to use data sets as workaround by Engineering team. This is short term workaround. If we have to add any new field on these SFMs then we need metadata change to Data set. We will loose the flexibility to make config change without changing metadata.

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks for the details, Sandeep! I'll be working with the Engg. team on providing a fix for this issue in next few releases. Meanwhile, please continue to use the field data set when you have a large data set on an object. I know it's not ideal but at-least it will allow your end-users to capture the necessary data for now and it will allow the SFM engine to process the fields appropriately.

Product Team
Product Team

In WIN18, we have introduced a setting called SFM Query Optimizer to optimize the performance of loading the SFM Transaction. You can learn more about this setting in the release notes and in this knowledge article: SFM Query Optimizer Setting (New in Winter 18)