SFM Use Issue - Copy/Clone/Duplicate Line functionality

SFM Use Issue - Copy/Clone/Duplicate Line functionality

Request:  Copy/Clone/Duplicate Line functionality so user can just change times

1. In repetitive jobs, there is often the need to enter multiple lines with very similar information.
  2. Today, this is a completely manual and tedious task.
  3. Add a “Duplicate Line” option to insert new line equivalent to the one duplicated

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
 Clicks Saved: This adds at minimum 14 clicks for lowest overhead line in my Org
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
User has to enter manually all the 14 fields to enter/select the multiple lines with very similar information
Product Area?
Communities Work Order Management
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Winter 17
14 Comments
Product Team
Product Team

This is a great idea but we will be considering it only for FSA and not on MFL.

Employee
Employee

Joseph,

Customer was wondering if this is something can consider for the online (server) SFM functionality.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best,Hector Medina

Lisa Mercer

Product Team
Product Team

Chris Wada​ - for your consideration for online SFM functionality

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

I have had similar request from our users for the same use-case, and would be interested in this, but I'd like to have the ability to clear some of the fields in the cloning so that the new record is not an exact match of the original and key fields can be re-entered on the cloned record for example.

Retired
Retired

Yes, this is something we can consider for the Online use case.  Right now we are re-vamping the UI to be consistent with the Lightning user interface and will consider this during the redesign.  tushar sharma​ - Let's keep this request in mind through the online  redesign. 

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Great, thanks Lisa, Chris and Joseph.  Quick question - should this be "Not Planned" in Idea status, or is this Under Consideration now?  I think my initial ideas were not clear that our requests are not just around MFL, but also online (since we use both).  Many thanks.

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Nick - I have updated the Status to reflect that this is under consideration.

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Anita D'Souza, Joseph June, Chris Wada​,

I see that this idea and the latest comments are almost a year old now. We are already using FSA without this feature. This feature has been a requirement from my org as well since a long time. Do we know when can we see this on FSA?

Also, I agree with Mark Taylor​ that while cloning the line, the start and end times should be cleared on the new line.

Cheers!

Product Team
Product Team

We are introducing number of UI updates on the upcoming FSA phone app and currently in the process of looking into adding this feature. It seems like we will likely to implement this functionality as a general way to duplicate a line. Not sure if we have a great way to selectively clear certain fields while copying others.