Save button

We would like to have a save button at the bottom of an SFM. Would be a great help for our engineers.

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
problem of scrolling up after filling in an SFM.
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
engineers have to scroll up to top of the page to save. get annoyed with that
Product Area?
Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 15
11 Comments
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

This is a great Idea,

We can use button on the bottom or as in the MFL that "freeze" the button area and moving it down with you

Nir Brandes

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

We are managing this issue through sections on the page layout, but ideally, the Save button would also be available immediately where the user's cursor is at or on each section.

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

Michael Majerus​  Hi!  Do you mind if I tag your company in this so it shows in our reporting?  This will alert us when it is implemented into production.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Sure!

Thank you,

Michael D. Majerus | Sr. IT Project Manager

Bio-Rad Laboratories

Direct Line: +001 510-741-6146

Mobile: +001 925-457-1390

michael_majerus@bio-rad.com

www.bio-rad.com

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:38 AM, lisa.mercer@servicemax.com <

Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

bio-rad​

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Great idea, would be even better if its configurable by SFM.

We created a similar idea for the service report SFM's:

Product Team
Product Team

With SFM Lightning beta in WIN18, the top panel - Save and Cancel buttons are anchored on the top such that these buttons always available on the screen.

Screen Shot 2018-01-26 at 5.27.37 PM.png

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Anita D'Souza​. Thank you for working on this functionality! From a UI perspective, is there a way to reorganize the floating header's information/buttons to minimize the space taken up on the screen? Screen real-estate on mobile devices is a commodity and there's about ~20% of the screen taken up by the header. This quick mockup only uses ~10% of the screen and still looks clean. Also, I'm unsure if the title of the SFM adds a lot of value in this screen as the user would have just clicked on the button before entering the screen. bio-rad​ Lisa MercerJeromie Holt

Condensed Header - Save and Cancel buttons.jpg

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Michael Majerus - Is your question more on SFM related to the mobile app or web-based? Currently, the way the buttons are laid out in SFM Lightning is consistent with Salesforce Lightning layout i.e., primary buttons and secondary buttons and we want this experience to be consistent so it will be easy of the web-user to work with ServiceMax.

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Anita D'Souza​. I was looking at it purely from a UI screen real-estate perspective. Compared to the FSA header which is relatively condensed ~5% of the screen, the SFM Lightning beta header takes up considerably more space on the screen. You're right though, in the browser most of us have large monitors, so this shouldn't be an issue.