Set search result default to 50 (rather then standard 10)

Set search result default to 50 (rather then standard 10)

currently the number of search results returned for an SFM search is defaulted to 10 without a means to increase this default value through a configuration setting

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
improve ease of use with fewer clicks
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
n/a
Product Area?
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
16 Comments
Roast Chef sonia_genesse
Roast Chef

In the Screen Designer of the SFM, click in the field you want to have greater than 10 results returned. In the Properties for Field on the right click the Configure Lookup. On the bottom right of the configuration screen “No of Records” change to the value of results you want to see and Save.

Roast Chef nick_sauer
Roast Chef

This does not work for Search SFM as there is no ability to set the default records.

Idea 1400 is for similar request on search SFM.

Roast Chef sonia_genesse
Roast Chef

Set search result default to 50 (rather then standard 10).PNG

Roast Chef nick_sauer
Roast Chef

Hi Sonia - this is standard lookup filter.  The way I'm reading the idea is that this is pertaining to SFM Search.  SFM Search admin currently allows you to select fields, filter qualifying records, etc., but defaults to 10 records and you have to manually change each time in MFL.

Roast Chef sonia_genesse
Roast Chef

Hi Nick,

I'm not reading this as an MFL issue, as the SFM Search does default to 10 always, therefore for each SFM that you would like to have more than 10 search results returned that would have to be done per each unique SFM.

That's my take away on this.

Thanks

Sonia

Roast Chef nick_sauer
Roast Chef

Request is for 50 instead of the default of 10.  Here is a screenshot in MFL.  In any case, we have separate idea also for this issue so perhaps they really are separate anyways and i'm misreading it.  https://community.servicemax.com/ideas/1400

pastedImage_0.png

Roast Chef sonia_genesse
Roast Chef

I see, so perhaps this request is for the Standard SFM Search, and not the MFL in either case it doesn't actually state either in this request.

Thanks for sharing!

Sonia

Employee
Employee

Nick Sauer​  Could you perhaps clarify your entry (idea 1400) to ensure that our Product team understand the true nature of your request?  Thanks!

Product Team
Product Team

@kevin_maufer is the ask to set default search result limit to 50 on web ?

or ask is to provide an option to control this via setting.

Staff Chef richard_lewis
Staff Chef

Hi @shivaranjini_g , Kevin looks to be no longer with ServiceMax. He is showing as 'retired' in the community.

@sonia_genesse and @nick_sauer , is this something you still require and could you help clarify the requirement if you do?

As far as i know there is now a setting to determine how many search results are returned which is applicable for all SFMs for a given smax config profile and may well meet this requirement.

Regards, Richard