cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set search result default to 50 (rather then standard 10)

currently the number of search results returned for an SFM search is defaulted to 10 without a means to increase this default value through a configuration setting

What is the underlying problem do you intend to solve with this idea?
improve ease of use with fewer clicks
How is the problem being addressed today, if at all?
n/a
Product Area?
Other
What version of ServiceMax are you on?
Summer 15
16 Comments
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi @lisa_mercer @richard_lewis@shivaranjini_g

I believe this request was for users and/or admins to have the ability to set a default number of records returned in a search in MFL search results. Currently the default seems to be 10 returned results and the user would need to change the number of results for each individual search.

Thanks,

Sonia

Product Team
Product Team
Customer Success Team
Customer Success Team

@archana_krishna @shivaranjini_g  Please let me know if you need any help from the Customer Success side as pointed out by @richard_lewis , Kevin Maufer is no longer with ServiceMax.  It appears that Kevin entered this on behalf of his customer, GE Energy.  Unfortunately there isn't an easy way in the relaunched Community to see what companies the people voting for the idea are from so I'm not sure who the GE Energy contact would be.  You may want to reach out to @aaron_henley as he is the CAM working with GE.

@sonia_genesse Thank you for input and activity on this one!  My understanding of the intent of this idea is as you've described it with the related idea Nick referenced being similar but different :)

Product Team
Product Team

@richard_lewis 

On the "Lookup" configuration (SFM designer) itself, the Number of records to be shown is defaulted to 10 today. We are talking about whether this configuration is even needed. We think we can default this to 50 or 100 and leave it there.  Apps will then respect this config Thoughts?

For Explore / SFM Search, FSA has pagination enabled if there are more than 100 records, so this scenario does not arise.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

HI @archana_krishna , it feels to me like there is benefit allowing this to be configured but its not a challenge that we are facing today.

Regards, Richard

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hello @archana_krishna @richard_lewis 

Agree with Richard, there is definitely value in this, though maybe more of an issue for some users than others.

Thanks!

Sonia