Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All alias names must be unique when creating a SFM

Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

All alias names must be unique when creating a SFM

Jump to solution

I'm trying to clone a number of SFMs but when I clone them they remain incomplete.

I believe this is due to the section of ...to create these records on the first tab of the create SFM.

Work Order  as Work Order is selected, along with a number of options below.

Each one has a red line around the option and when I hover on this it states All alias names must be unique.

Even when I select a different option or change the name, it still states All alias names must be unique.

I'm sure this was covered in the administrators course but I can't find the reason.

Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 4
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: All alias names must be unique when creating a SFM

Jump to solution

This is just an informational message which is displayed in the following conditions:

1. Alias is edited to change it from the default value (e.g. Quote Item (Service Quote) to Parts).

2. Same child object is added as a target two or more times.

This message does not have any impact on the status of the SFM transaction. So, you can ignore the message, as long as the aliases are unique.

As Mike mentioned in his reply, status is Incomplete only if the SFM transaction does not have any associated page layout. When you clone an SFM transaction, you need to explicitly associate a page layout and save the transaction, for the status to change to Complete. For details, check the section Cloning an SFM Transaction in online help (especially steps 4 to 8).

Message 4 of 4
3 Replies
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

The usual suspect when an SFM is still incomplete is when it does not have a page layout assigned to it.  Make sure you have a page layout defined.  Please post a screen shot of the problem if you can since I'm not sure what screen in the SFM Transaction Designer your on.

sfm‌ sfm configuration‌ incompletesfm‌

Message 2 of 4
0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Jump to solution

When I clone a SFM, I get a message of "All alias names must be unique". This stops the Status going to complete.

as the SFM is a clone for a slight variation from one country to another, I want the same names.

See picture.

All alias names must be unique.bmp

I've even tried changing the names but it keeps coming up with the same message.

This is Winter15.

Message 3 of 4
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

This is just an informational message which is displayed in the following conditions:

1. Alias is edited to change it from the default value (e.g. Quote Item (Service Quote) to Parts).

2. Same child object is added as a target two or more times.

This message does not have any impact on the status of the SFM transaction. So, you can ignore the message, as long as the aliases are unique.

As Mike mentioned in his reply, status is Incomplete only if the SFM transaction does not have any associated page layout. When you clone an SFM transaction, you need to explicitly associate a page layout and save the transaction, for the status to change to Complete. For details, check the section Cloning an SFM Transaction in online help (especially steps 4 to 8).

Message 4 of 4