Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Auto-Populate within an SFM

Jump to solution

Can I auto-fill / auto-populate fields within an SFM?  For example, if I have a checkbox field that is "true", I want it to auto-populate four other fields with "Pass, Pass, NA, and Good" - which are existing picklist values of the respective fields.  I'm struggling to find examples of this.  I guess what I'm looking for is behavior similar to the field updates and workflow rules available in SF, but I need it in SMAX page layouts.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Re: Auto-Populate within an SFM

Jump to solution

Hello Dan Schiess​. This is definitely possible using an SFM Formula which also works offline. Within the SFM, when the user manually checks the box as true and Quick-Saves or Saves the record, the SFM Formula will fire and populate whichever fields you want with the desired values.

You can read more about this in the SFM Transactions Designer Guide​ starting on page 124. There are several examples of how to write these formulas with the correct syntax, but in general, you would say, if checkbox = 'true', Test Result 1 = 'Pass', Test Result 2 = 'Pass', Test Result 3 Field = 'NA', Test Result 4 Field = 'Good'.

sfm formulas​ sfm​ sfm workflow​ offline​

View solution in original post

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Hello Dan Schiess​. This is definitely possible using an SFM Formula which also works offline. Within the SFM, when the user manually checks the box as true and Quick-Saves or Saves the record, the SFM Formula will fire and populate whichever fields you want with the desired values.

You can read more about this in the SFM Transactions Designer Guide​ starting on page 124. There are several examples of how to write these formulas with the correct syntax, but in general, you would say, if checkbox = 'true', Test Result 1 = 'Pass', Test Result 2 = 'Pass', Test Result 3 Field = 'NA', Test Result 4 Field = 'Good'.

sfm formulas​ sfm​ sfm workflow​ offline​

View solution in original post

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Thanks Michael for the response.  I've read through the guide and it's not clear to me what needs to be done, so I'll probably turn it over to someone a little more knowledgeable.  I'm sure once I see it created, the instructions will make more sense.  Appreciate the quick response though!