Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create an event from a Work Order with an SFM

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Can I create an event from a Work Order with an SFM

I want to create a SF event whenever the technician is assigned and scheduled from a work order page but cannot see how to configure the SFM to do it. Users will have to enter the tech and duration (in hours) to use on the event.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Can I create an event from a Work Order with an SFM

Hi Mark,

To create an event from an existing work order, you'll want to create an SFM that is a "standalone for the purpose of editing an existing record" to create Work Order as Work Order. In the related objects that appear below it, select Events (as Events). What this will allow you to do is see the existing work order as the header, and allow you to create multiple events almost as if they were a work detail. You can choose whichever fields are necessary for the event - such as duration, assigned to ID, etc.

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Can I create an event from a Work Order with an SFM

Hi MunMun,

thanks for the advice. I can see how this works but my objective now is to create an Event on the technician's calendar when the technician is assigned to a work order, via an SFM page. This is so that the event gets created regardless of how the technician is assigned (and the job scheduled), either from the dispatch console or on the WO page. This way, everything is visible to the DC.

The SFM to assign the technician is the easy bit. I can capture the tech and schedule date. I have added a Duration field (in Hours) for the length of the assignment.

I am struggling with how to use an SFM to calculate the [SVMXC_Service_Duration__c] field, which is in seconds, and have currently done it in workflow - could I have done this in SFM?

I also cannot see how to then create the Event from the information entered in SFM. Is this best done in workflow?

Mark

0 Likes