cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grill Chef ivargu
Grill Chef

Can an SFM automatically fill the contents of a picklist field the same way the native Salesforce interface does?

In Standard salesforce if a picklist is marked required on a page layout and it is the dependent field in a field dependency scenario where only one match is found, then the value is automatically populated. Can this behavior be replicated in a ServiceMax SFM screen?

Message 1 of 7
6 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Can an SFM automatically fill the contents of a picklist field the same way the native Salesforce interface does?

Hi Ivar Gunnarsson

Thank you for posting here in the community.

We are always interested to hear what capabilities our customers are looking for in our application.  I don't have an answer for you today, I will need to do some research on this, but I will get back to you on this at the earliest.

Regards,

Younus Shariff

crt_younus​ crt_younuss​

Message 2 of 7
Fry Chef nadina
Fry Chef

Re: Can an SFM automatically fill the contents of a picklist field the same way the native Salesforce interface does?

Hi Younus Shariff ,

I am facing this issue currently, has this been implemented? Or is there any Work Around?

Message 3 of 7
Grill Chef ivargu
Grill Chef

Hi Nadina. Did you ever find a solid workaround?

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Grill Chef ivargu
Grill Chef

Hi Younus. Any news on this?

This remains a big issue for us. Default values on Salesforce object fields don't apply when you create a new object via a ServiceMax SFM. The default mapping of SFM field values is not enough as it doesn't allow you to declare a value by a formulatic expression like Salesforce. Is there any way to accomplish this?

An example I would like to be able to do would be to have a picklist field of hour values (24 values from "00" to "23"). I want then to use an expression to default it to the current hour. This is very simple to do in vanilla Salesforce.

Best regards,

Ivar

Message 5 of 7
Product Team
Product Team

Hi Ivar - We can definitely consider this as an enhancement request to the SFM Transaction. Meanwhile, have you tried using SFM formula in your SFM Transaction? This is more of a workaround, but if you have Picklist value for Field 1as 'A', then you can use SFM Formula to set the value for Field 2 as 'B' upon save. Or if you have set default mapping of Field 1 as 'A', then upon the SFM page load the value for Field 2 can be set as 'B'. You can field more details and examples for SFM formula in ServiceMax user-guide. https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Winter17/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#SFM/HowToManageFormulas.ht... formula

Message 6 of 7
Grill Chef ivargu
Grill Chef

Thanks Anita. By all means consider it an enhancement request as the more the SFM functionality expands on, and extends, Salesforce core functionality the better. Each one of those little discrepancies in functionality contribute to inconsistency in our user interfaces as we can sometimes use SFMs, but sometimes have to forego that technology in favor of core salesforce.

I appreciate the formula suggestion. I use them to some degree, but they don't really fit the bill in this case. Thanks for your feedback.

Best regards,

Ivar

Message 7 of 7
0 Likes