Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Configure which available searches to show

Jump to solution

This sounds easy but it's doing my head in.

In Servicemax Setup|Service Flow Manager|SFM Searches, I have a list of Standard Searches and a list of Custom Searches.

I only want iPad users to see the Custom Searches when they select Explore from the tools menu on their iPad.

By clicking Manage Permissions I'm able to move searches from Available to Selected (or vice-versa) but it seems to have no effect on the iPad apart from changing the order of the searches in the left menu.

I think I need to remove the searches from the Available Searches but I have no idea how to.

Regards,

Cam.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Configure which available searches to show

Jump to solution

Hi Cameron,

When SFM Search's aren't assigned as "selected" for any profile (including the the ServiceMax default group profile) they appear in the mobile application as a result.  

To fix this issue the following two things need to be setup:

1. Assign all your SFM Search's (standard or custom) to the ServiceMax group profile used by your users. Ensure the SFM Search's that you do not want appearing in the users view in the mobile application are NOT assigned.

2. We now need to complete the opposite of step 1 and typically this is completed for a ServiceMax group profile that is not used i.e. the ServiceMax default group profile. Assign the SFM Search's (standard or custom) that you DO NOT want to use in the mobile application as "selected" to the default group profile. The SFM Search's that are to be used ensure they are not assigned for the default group profile.

Let me know how you get on.

Javed

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Cameron,

When SFM Search's aren't assigned as "selected" for any profile (including the the ServiceMax default group profile) they appear in the mobile application as a result.  

To fix this issue the following two things need to be setup:

1. Assign all your SFM Search's (standard or custom) to the ServiceMax group profile used by your users. Ensure the SFM Search's that you do not want appearing in the users view in the mobile application are NOT assigned.

2. We now need to complete the opposite of step 1 and typically this is completed for a ServiceMax group profile that is not used i.e. the ServiceMax default group profile. Assign the SFM Search's (standard or custom) that you DO NOT want to use in the mobile application as "selected" to the default group profile. The SFM Search's that are to be used ensure they are not assigned for the default group profile.

Let me know how you get on.

Javed

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

That's perfect thank you Javed. Exactly what I was trying to achieve.

Cam.

0 Likes