Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an SFM Wizard for Custom Object

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Create an SFM Wizard for Custom Object

Jump to solution

I just created a custom object. Can I create an SFM Wizard for that object?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Create an SFM Wizard for Custom Object

Jump to solution

Hi Micah, you should be able to do this. We have a custom object which we have a Wizard option for. Can you confirm you have already created an SFM Transaction for the Object as its likely you need that created first for the object to show in the list.

I found this on ServiceMax Help for you:

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Summer17/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#CNF19.htm#SFM_Wizards_..79...

It says you have 3 options:

Creating SFM Wizards

You can create a new custom SFM wizard for any object in one of the following ways:

• Select the object in the Select Object picklist in SFM Wizard Designer home page, and click the New button.
    This is for objects which already have at least one standard or custom SFM wizard configured.
  • Select –None-- in the Select Object picklist in SFM Wizard Designer home page, click the New button, and then select the required object in the Object picklist.
    This is for objects which do not have any standard or custom SFM wizard configured already.
    The object list shows only those objects for which SFM transactions, SFM custom Actions, Inventory processes, or RL processes (Reverse Logistics) are available.
  • Select the object in the Select Object picklist in SFM Wizard Designer home page, check the Select checkbox for any required standard or custom SFM wizard, and click the Clone button in the relevant section.
    When you use this method, ensure that you update the Wizard Title to distinguish it from the title of the wizard from which the current wizard was cloned; also update the Wizard ID to give it a unique meaningful value, instead of the auto-generated date timestamp suffix.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Micah, you should be able to do this. We have a custom object which we have a Wizard option for. Can you confirm you have already created an SFM Transaction for the Object as its likely you need that created first for the object to show in the list.

I found this on ServiceMax Help for you:

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/Summer17/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#CNF19.htm#SFM_Wizards_..79...

It says you have 3 options:

Creating SFM Wizards

You can create a new custom SFM wizard for any object in one of the following ways:

• Select the object in the Select Object picklist in SFM Wizard Designer home page, and click the New button.
    This is for objects which already have at least one standard or custom SFM wizard configured.
  • Select –None-- in the Select Object picklist in SFM Wizard Designer home page, click the New button, and then select the required object in the Object picklist.
    This is for objects which do not have any standard or custom SFM wizard configured already.
    The object list shows only those objects for which SFM transactions, SFM custom Actions, Inventory processes, or RL processes (Reverse Logistics) are available.
  • Select the object in the Select Object picklist in SFM Wizard Designer home page, check the Select checkbox for any required standard or custom SFM wizard, and click the Clone button in the relevant section.
    When you use this method, ensure that you update the Wizard Title to distinguish it from the title of the wizard from which the current wizard was cloned; also update the Wizard ID to give it a unique meaningful value, instead of the auto-generated date timestamp suffix.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~

View solution in original post

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

That did it Richard, thank you. I had to create an SFM Transaction for it first, then it was available to create a SFM Wizard.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Micah, great news on the resolution of your problem! Thanks for letting us know what resolved it.

Regards, Richard