cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Word document from within SFM

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Creation of Word document from within SFM

Is it possible to create a Microsoft Word document from within a ServiceMax SFM i.e to use fields from the work order?

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Creation of Word document from within SFM

Hi Gill, are you aware of the ServiceMax Output Documents functionality to create PDFs from fields on the work order? 

There are PDF converters out there you can manually convert your pdfs to word docs. I haven't researched but it feels there should be a way to automate this as well. 

Another idea could be sending the info you want as an email and then converting to a word document. I know you can do this within outlook to one or more emails at a time. 

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Yes we do currently create pdfs but we are having difficulty creating a document that has variable number of lines that actually fits properly over multiple pages. I was looking for something like word mail merge for example that would help with this (or in fact any idea – it does not have to be word).

We need the document to be attached to the Work Order when it is created so I do not think that emailing and then converting would be an option but it is an idea.

Gill Cook

Database/Systems Developer

Tel: +44 (1223)577941

email: gill.cook@incadigital.com<mailto:gill.cook@incadigital.com>

0 Likes
Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Hi,

We are using for back-office Nintex Drawloop for output creation in some processes.

Can be started with an SFM Blue button from the record. Also possible on custom Objects and related rows.

Based on Word, Excel and output as pdf or original Word, Excel.

Fields can be tagged in filled with data from the records.

Maybe you have to look for something like this. You can find Drawloop in AppExchange.

Kind Regards,

Hans van Mil

Global Business Applications - CRM Service Team

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com<mailto:hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com>

Mobile: 31 (0)61 06 54 878<tel:31%2061%2006%2054%20878>

<http://www.dormakaba.com/>

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail and any associated attachments.

Op 18 aug. 2017 om 10:58 heeft servicemax001 <community-no-reply@servicemax.com<mailto:community-no-reply@servicemax.com>> het volgende geschreven:

ServiceMax Community <https://community.servicemax.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

reply from Gill Cook<https://community.servicemax.com/people/servicemax001?et=watches.email.thread> in Network and Share - View the full discussion<https://community.servicemax.com/message/5899?commentID=5899&et=watches.email.thread#comment-5899>

Kind Regards,  

Hans van Mil
Senior CRM Solution Consultant ServiceMax | Group IT

Email: hans.vanmil@dormakaba.com

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Gill, did you finally nailed down a mechanism to generate a Word / Excel in place of PDF from the SVMX Output document functionality?

Using a 3rd party tool is always on the table but wanted to check if SVMX came with a solution. Something like providing an option of generating PDF vs Word Vs Excel and design your template based on what you opt for....

Let me know as my application users are also looking for something similar.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Our company did not want to go down the route of a 3rd party any more – we had previously used Drawloop when we had different functionality which worked well but we wanted to remove the need for licences.

Our problem now is that with header and footer and variable lines in between, page layouts did not work well going over subsequent pages. It was decided to change the page layouts so that there was a first page with company information and then subsequent pages with the variable lines. Still not perfect but does look better.

Gill Cook

Database/Systems Developer

Tel: +44 (1223)577941

email: gill.cook@incadigital.com<mailto:gill.cook@incadigital.com>