cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grill Chef tkolinek
Grill Chef

Default value to True for "Perform Auto Entitlement" in SFM

Jump to solution

I have an SFM that updates an installed product on a case and we need to perform auto-entitlement when the installed product changes.  I can't figure out a way to get the "Perform Auto-Entitlement" checkbox to default to True through the SFM.  I can't change it at the object level because it is a managed field.  I'm doing an update to an existing record, so there are no mappings available.

How do I go about doing this?

Message 1 of 10
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Default value to True for "Perform Auto Entitlement" in SFM

Jump to solution

In the Value Map for Existing Records tab under the Mappings tab, click the + button (tooltip: New) and enter 'per' in the Quick Find text box. Click the bullet-list button related to the Perform Auto-Entitlement field to change the Value field to a picklist field. Then you can select the value 'true' and save the value map. Screenshot below illustrates this.

I see only Save and Save As buttons in the screenshot of Value Map tab that you have attached. If you don't see the screen like the one shown below, check by logging in to your org as System Administrator.

Message 9 of 10
9 Replies
Highlighted
Pastry Chef slortscher
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Travis,

I would recommend you setup an SFM Mapping for Installed Product to Work Order and force a value for Perform-Auto Entilement.   Then select the lookup field in SFM Designer and select the mapping for 'look-up form fill'. When a user changes a serial number this will automatically check 'perform auto entitlement'.

Message 2 of 10
Grill Chef tkolinek
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

I'm trying to do it on the case.  We have a IP to Case SFM that does the auto-entitlement when saved, I'm looking for a way to fire it when the case is updated.  I guess I could use a standard workflow rule to do it, but our company is running short on available workflows

Message 3 of 10
0 Likes
Pastry Chef slortscher
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Alternatively you can use Process Builder, you can easily get the same results as a workflow.  If you have not used it before it is very simple. 

Message 4 of 10
0 Likes
Grill Chef tkolinek
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm familiar with process builder and according to salesforce, each process builder counts as a workflow.  It would work for this case, but it is a little overkill.

Message 5 of 10
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Travis Kolinek​,

If Case is the header object in the SFM transaction you have defined to edit the installed product on a case (SFM transaction of type 'as Standalone for the purpose of editing an existing record'), you can define a Value Map for Case and set 'Perform Auto-Entitlement' field to 'true'. Do you see any issues in configuring this value map?

Or, is the requirement limited to updating this field only when installed product is changed in a case using this SFM transaction, and not unconditionally whenever this SFM transaction is launched and saved without changing the installed product? If that is the requirement, the lookup form-fill approach suggested by Stephen Lortscher should work better - assuming that any user would do a lookup field search and select a value only to change the field value,

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Message 6 of 10
0 Likes
Grill Chef tkolinek
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Yes, the SFM is setup "as Standalone for the purpose of editing an existing record."  I did originally try a value map, but I get no values to map.

ss1.jpg

It is a very simple SFM so Stephen's suggestion would seem a bit much.

ss2.jpg

Message 7 of 10
0 Likes
Pastry Chef slortscher
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Travis Kolinek

You would define an SFM Mapping for Install Product to Case (see screen shot below) then assign that mapping to your 'Component SN' field under 'Object Mapping'.  This will bring in the values you define whenever the SN is changed within the SFM.  Under SFM Mapping for IB->Case if you click on the pencil icon you can select the pick list value for 'Perform Auto Entitlement' and select 'True'

Meenakshi S

Message 8 of 10
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

In the Value Map for Existing Records tab under the Mappings tab, click the + button (tooltip: New) and enter 'per' in the Quick Find text box. Click the bullet-list button related to the Perform Auto-Entitlement field to change the Value field to a picklist field. Then you can select the value 'true' and save the value map. Screenshot below illustrates this.

I see only Save and Save As buttons in the screenshot of Value Map tab that you have attached. If you don't see the screen like the one shown below, check by logging in to your org as System Administrator.

Message 9 of 10
Pastry Chef slortscher
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

The Transaction Designer has issues with auto adjusting to screen resolution.  More likely than not it is cut off, i noticed that the 'Quick Save' for the transaction is misaligned as well. 

Message 10 of 10