Highlighted
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Error 'Undefined'

Jump to solution

User receives 'Undefined' error frequently when they are save SFM transaction. May I know what would cause this Issue?

0 Likes
This widget could not be displayed.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Error 'Undefined'

Jump to solution

Hi Srikanth Challa​,

I have seen this error a few times before. Most of the times it was caused by the (in)accessibility of fields. I also had a case where some SFM's used fields that were deleted. As Meenakshi S​ mentioned, the best approach is to start at the SFM's to pinpoint the problem cause. For the solution you could check the user's profile and check the field level security settings. If the problem is cause by a removed field, be aware that restoring this field will not solve the problem as in this case the name of the field (the API name) is actually changed ( 'fieldname__c' will be renamed to 'fieldname_del__c'). In addition to restoring the field, you can change the API name back to the original API name as it was before it was deleted (so remove the '_del').

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Xander

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

Srikanth Challa​,

This can happen if there is any issue with the SFM transaction configuration.

If it happens with a specific SFM transaction, you can try the following:

In SFM Designer, edit the failing transaction, re-save all the associated configurations such as qualifying criteria expressions, field and value maps, page layouts & lookup configurations, and data validation rules. Then re-save the transaction itself. Launch the updated SFM transaction in SFM Delivery.

If the above does not work, you can try recreating the SFM transaction (not clone the existing transaction): When you do this, select the transaction type, source and target objects, and then you can associate the existing expressions, maps, page layouts, and data validation rules with the new SFM transaction.

If it happens randomly with one or more SFM transactions, you can log a case with ServiceMax Support, with details of possible scenarios (steps executed by the end users, and credentials of a end user who sees the error more frequently) in which the issue was encountered.

Regards,

Meenakshi.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Srikanth Challa​,

I have seen this error a few times before. Most of the times it was caused by the (in)accessibility of fields. I also had a case where some SFM's used fields that were deleted. As Meenakshi S​ mentioned, the best approach is to start at the SFM's to pinpoint the problem cause. For the solution you could check the user's profile and check the field level security settings. If the problem is cause by a removed field, be aware that restoring this field will not solve the problem as in this case the name of the field (the API name) is actually changed ( 'fieldname__c' will be renamed to 'fieldname_del__c'). In addition to restoring the field, you can change the API name back to the original API name as it was before it was deleted (so remove the '_del').

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Xander

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

We have seen this error also when on saving the SFM transaction if record is either created or updated then behind workflows & triggers are running and it passed 101 SOQLs allowed in a transaction and the user just "undefined" as the error. We identified this by going to the Debug logs.