cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Line Chef volkende
Line Chef

Formulas should be supported for background SFM TRansactions

According to the documentation, it is not possible to use formulas with background SFM-Transactions:

https://userdocs.servicemax.com/ServiceMaxHelp/191/en_us/svmxhlp.htm#SFM/SFMFeatureVsModes.htm

This should be enabled, as it would give our users a better experience and save time if they can save a few clicks and long loading times of the interactive transaction.

Message 1 of 3
0 Likes
2 Replies
Product Team
Product Team

Re: Formulas should be supported for background SFM TRansactions

@volkende 

Formula execution on background SFMs is not on roadmap immediately for web delivery. However on FSA tablet this will be supported in upcoming 19.2 release.

If we have customers looking for this requirement then we would revisit this early for web.

Just to understand more on the requirement, are you looking at separating formula execution and interaction on SFM separately i.e one SFM used only for debriefing purpose and another SFM configured with formula is executed in background.

Is this requirement proposed only because of long loading times.

Would like to understand how this will be used in your work flow and benefit you get.

@anita_dsouza 

Message 2 of 3
Line Chef volkende
Line Chef

Re: Formulas should be supported for background SFM TRansactions

Hi,

our original issue was that you can not clear (or set to "null") a field via SFM Field Mappings. Therefore, the workaround is to use formulas. Now the problem is that those are only executed in "interactive" mode.

Imagine a simple SFM for setting/clearing only a single field, nothing more. Just to achieve this, the user now has to perform two clicks (activate SFM, confirm in interactive mode). And because of the poor performance, this process takes a long time.

IMO, an interactive SFM should only be required when user input is necessary to set a field (or do whatever else). From a UX standpoint, this is a big deal, because if I had to use this product daily, this costs me hours of my life in the long run.

Message 3 of 3
0 Likes