cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding rather than greying out SFM buttons on the tablet

Line Chef
Line Chef

Hiding rather than greying out SFM buttons on the tablet

Would anyone be able to help?  I have to configure multiple SFM's on the work order object based on criteria established on the installed product. At the moment i am pulling through the relevant installed product field to the work detail and using workflows to update a checkbox in the work order such that i can use this checkbox as wizard criteria to hide SFM's, this works to a point but i will soon run out of workflows available on the object.  Is there anyway to make SFM buttons not appear rather than greyed out on the tablet when certain criteria are not met on the installed product (Work detail)?

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Re: Hiding rather than greying out SFM buttons on the tablet

Rob,

If you can create additional SFM Wizards including only SFM Transaction in the Wizard Steps you want to display. 

Then include the rules on when to show/display the wizard in "Criteria to Show Wizard".

Hope that helps.

Michael

Line Chef
Line Chef

HI Michael

The problem is that the criteria for the wizards has to be on the work order record but the critera that I have is actually on the work detail child record of the work order, because of this I have to have a hidden field such that I can use a workflow to update this, but I am fast running out of workflows allowed in this object.

thanks

Rob

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

• I would look to see if you can combine work flow rules.
  • Can you use a Roll-Up Summary field that will bring the value to the Work Order?
  • Another option is using Process builder to Update the work order...I would look to combining the work flow rules into one or minimal process builders.
  • If neither option works,  you may need to look into developing a trigger....combining the many workflows into one trigger for each object.
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

You can add multiple "actions" to a single workflow

• For example, for us, when an Account changes on a Work Order, we have a SINGLE workflow that fires, but with 9 or 10 Field Updates attached to it

If you combine your workflows, it'll free up space AND be simpler to maintain/change in the future

Another thought, but might not be feasible depending on complexity of your show/hide requirements:

-Add in multiple "versions" of the SFM wizard that have different combinations of buttons available

-set the criteria for each wizard to only show up once, under the correct conditions

-give them similar names

This will make it "appear" that buttons are appearing/disappearing - when in reality it is just turning on/off very similar wizards

(if that makes sense...not sure i explained that too well)