cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make sure the assignment rules on the Case object run when I log a case via an SFM transaction?

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

How can I make sure the assignment rules on the Case object run when I log a case via an SFM transaction?

When I create a new case from Installed Product using a SFM transaction, I want my assignment rules to run, so the case comes in the right queue.

How can I make this work?

Employee
Employee

Re: How can I make sure the assignment rules on the Case object run when I log a case via an SFM transaction?

Hi Sjef Wijnen​,

Have you tried auto-assigning via workflow rules? Once the case meets criteria for the workflow the case can be updated with the queue (owner).

-Godo

0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: How can I make sure the assignment rules on the Case object run when I log a case via an SFM transaction?

Hi Godo Martinez,

Yes that is how i solved it, however it would be easier if they would just run on a SFM. Thanks for the reply

Sjef

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Hi Sjef Wijnen,

Thank you for posting here in the community.

I see that a case has been registered on this issue.

Case rule assignment is standard salesforce functionality. It is not possible to add on ServiceMax SFM page layout.

We can make ‘check box – Assign with active assignment rules’ by default on from Salesforce Setup as we/you have done.

Solution/Work around:

1. Once the case is created from Installed Product using SFM, click on ‘Edit’ and SAVE the record once again. Case will assign as per the assignment rule when saved

2. The other alternative is to use Workflow rules as you have done to assign Cases to a particular Queue.

However an Enhancement request has already been raised to include "assign using active assignment rules" box to the SFM screen designer and is currently being worked upon.

The External Defect number for the Enhancement request is SMX010195, which can be used as reference.

Thanks!

crt_younus​  crt_younuss​