cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the email template used when sending out a Service Report?

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

How do I change the email template used when sending out a Service Report?

When sending out a service report (generated in SFM transactions and docs designer) it sends a default email with the report attached.

I've created a new email template using our custom letterhead yet I can't find where in ServiceMax (or Salesforce) that I change which template to use.

Cam.

0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Re: How do I change the email template used when sending out a Service Report?

Hi Cameron Fowles​,

Typically it is setup within the custom code/custom settings which has been developed for your solution.

-Godo

0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

ServiceMax Setup > Service Flow Manager > SFM Wizards >

From the " Select Object" drop down, choose Work Order, then on the right "Wizard Status" drop down, choose Active

Identify the wizard that pertains to the applicable ServiceMax Group Profile(s), Pick one corresponding Select checkbox  (you can only edit one wizard at a time), then click the Edit button.

This should have you at the Edit SFM Wizard 3-Tabbed config screen. If you are unsure, you can choose the "Manage Permissions" tab is needed to ensure you're in the right ball park prior to proceeding. Once Group is confirmed, select the "Manage Wizard Steps" tab.

Here you should be able to see the OPDOC in the list of steps, and add/remove  the same accordingly.

Once complete, a Save and Close and a Config Sync on the mobile apps, and clear servicemax cache in the browser users should do the trick.

Always remember to proof your changes in either a test profile or a sandbox prior to deploying in prod. the smallest things can bring an entire service team to an unbillable state. Looks kind of like the national debt clock if the org is big enough.

Please feel free to inquire further if you'd like. 

Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

0 Likes
Highlighted
Line Chef
Line Chef

This link does not seem to work correctly, even when I replace the YOURORG part with my org

0 Likes
Sushi Chef
Sushi Chef

Have you checked the drop-down where your name appears, go to my settings, then the email drop down in the left nav, and drill into email templates. You should see something that may or may not look like this...

SVMX_PS - Work Order Service Report EmailTextCheckedThis Template is used as the OOTB Email Template for the Catalyst Work Order attachment Auto-Emailer Functionality.

If not, go look to see which apex job is handling your Service Reports, and fined the value for the template it is using.