cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to override the generated PDF filename?

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

How to override the generated PDF filename?

I have a question regarding the filename covention <Output Document SFM Transaction Id>_<SFID of the header record>_<yyyyMMddHHmmss> when generating a report PDF.

Is there any way to change it? To reflect the work_order name for example?

Employee
Employee

Re: How to override the generated PDF filename?

I do not currently see a config setting to control the format of the PDF attachment "file name" so it appears to be hard coded.  I will submit a new Idea request to Product Engineering to allow this to be configurable and see what they come back with.  This would be similar to using the ServiceMax Setup --> Event Subject rules which allow you to define the format of the Event Name based on defined rules.  PDF‌ outputdocs‌

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi Mike,

We have a similar issue, Our service guys generate service reports as a PDF and email the PDF service report with file name Transaction Id concatenated with date and time to customers and when the customers reply back, the subject line has the generated file name, to assist the users, i have been using data loader to export the attachments with file names and user names and then run a report in servicemax to get the list of work orders created or changed by that tech on that day to find the attachment, also i do not see the attachment object within the reporting section.

Have you had any feedback from Product Engineering team regarding this issue?

Regards

Uday

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Uday Sunkara,

Here is a link to the idea requesting this so you can vote on it

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Jur van Oerle​, as this question has now been answered and an idea created to request the enhancement can you please mark this question as assumed answered or mark one of the responses as the correct answer. This helps other community users to find the information they are looking for quickly.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes