Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to make an SFM inactive?

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Is it possible to make an SFM inactive?

Jump to solution

I would like to remove an SFM  from the list that is displayed without actually deleting it - is there a way to make it inactive so that it is either not shown or is shown to be not really available?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Re: Is it possible to make an SFM inactive?

Jump to solution

Hi Gill,

Typically if you do not want to expose an SFM to users it is suggested to remove it from the SFM wizard, so its not available as an SFM button. In regards, to the list of SFM's in the ServiceMax setup area there isn't an active/inactive option per se. My suggestion would be to setup a naming convention for the SFM's you want to mark as inactive, such as including the word "INACTIVE" in the SFM name (at the beginning). So when you are looking at the list it is is clear the SFM's that are not in use.

Javed

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Gill,

Typically if you do not want to expose an SFM to users it is suggested to remove it from the SFM wizard, so its not available as an SFM button. In regards, to the list of SFM's in the ServiceMax setup area there isn't an active/inactive option per se. My suggestion would be to setup a naming convention for the SFM's you want to mark as inactive, such as including the word "INACTIVE" in the SFM name (at the beginning). So when you are looking at the list it is is clear the SFM's that are not in use.

Javed

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Thank you - this makes sense. The SFMs in question will already have been removed from the wizards (hopefully) so it is just a question of identifying which SFMs are not used anywhere without actually deleting them.I had hoped they could be made inactive so it would cause a wizard to fail if it did actually still use one but in the absence of that re-naming will be OK.

Highlighted
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Jump to solution

we use xDNU_ at the start of our names so it shows at the bottom of the list. DNU standing for do not use.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~