Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Process (SFM) - Date Behavior Error

Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Linked Process (SFM) - Date Behavior Error

With SVMXC 18.2, there is an incorrect behavior on Linked Process where SFM is offsetting based on user timezone setting.

Regular SFM:

1)  SVMXC__Start_Date_and_Time__c :  Time in Work Detail & SFM field of same name match.

Linked SFM:

1)  SVMXC__Start_Date_and_Time__c : Time in Work Detail & SFM field of same name DO NOT match

a.  Behavior is that SVMXC__Start_Date_and_Time__c in the SFM is taking the stored GMT value and converting                   back to User timezone based on Salesforce setting.  This is tested across multiple users and timezones, and                   in each case the value within the SFM differs from what we know to be the "true" value on the Work Detail.  In                 each case, it's taking the field value (already showing to user with appropriate offset) and then adjusting it                         AGAIN and displaying to user in that offset.

b.  So if I'm GMT-4 User, I see 10:00 on the WDL and then 06:00 in the Linked SFM.  In any standard SFM I                      still correctly see 10:00 without the additional adjustment

Message 1 of 2
0 Likes
1 Reply
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: Linked Process (SFM) - Date Behavior Error

I rebuilt all the SFMs having this problem - moving them up to single level.  The problem goes away for the exact same data entry, so this is definitely some bug in the Linked Process itself....just so any customers on 18.2 using the Linked Process is also on the lookout.  Anita D'SouzaRamesh KotamareddyPaul Hodgson

Message 2 of 2