Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opportunity Object in SFM Wizard Designer

Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Opportunity Object in SFM Wizard Designer

Jump to solution

Hello All,

Is there a way of using the 'Opportunity' object in the SFM Wizard Designer?

I am trying to create an SFM transaction associated with Opportunity Object but I can not find Opportunity in the Object field of the Wizard therefore can not assign the SFM transaction to an opportunity record.

Any solution around this!

Thank you,

Sinan

Message 1 of 13
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Opportunity Object in SFM Wizard Designer

Jump to solution

From online help section Creating SFM Wizards (Setup > ServiceMax Suite Configuration > Service Flow Manager > SFM Wizards):

Select –None-- in the Select Object picklist in SFM Wizard Designer home page, click the New button, and then select the required object in the Object picklist.

This is for objects which do not have any standard or custom SFM wizard configured already.

The object list shows only those objects for which SFM transactions, SFM custom Actions, Inventory processes, or RL processes (Reverse Logistics) are available.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 Replies
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

From online help section Creating SFM Wizards (Setup > ServiceMax Suite Configuration > Service Flow Manager > SFM Wizards):

Select –None-- in the Select Object picklist in SFM Wizard Designer home page, click the New button, and then select the required object in the Object picklist.

This is for objects which do not have any standard or custom SFM wizard configured already.

The object list shows only those objects for which SFM transactions, SFM custom Actions, Inventory processes, or RL processes (Reverse Logistics) are available.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

Is there a similar process/hierarchy for creating an SFM Transaction?

I am trying to create a "Create Opportunity" SFM transaction but I do not see the Opportunity object as selectable

To clarify:  I have ability to create it through the browser, so confirmed permissions to edit/create, but for some reason just not showing up in the Object list

Further:  We have a "Create Lead iPad" SFM for creating a Lead from WO, but now the "Lead" object is not selectable either..?  It does not even show up when Viewing this SFM (although it works just fine when actually used) - see below pictures

Message 3 of 13
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Jump to solution

Both Lead and Opportunity are Salesforce objects, not ServiceMax objects. I would not expect that you will find them to be available to use.

Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Jane,

I am able to select the Opportunity object just fine. 

Message 5 of 13
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

You are able to select the Opportunity Object because you are using Data from 'Work Order' which I believe you might have an Opportunity Lookup field associated with the Work Order to use it. Otherwise you can even use Opportunity as it is a Salesforce Standard Object.

Message 6 of 13
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

No lookup fields have been added in our case related to Opportunity.  

Message 7 of 13
0 Likes
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

SFM Designer supports Opportunity and Lead objects. If they are not listed in SFM Designer in your org, please log a case with ServiceMax Support so that they can investigate.

Online help section Supported Objects (Service Flow Manager > SFM Transactions And Documents > Technical Feature Description > SFM Designer) provides details about the Salesforce and ServiceMax objects that are supported in SFM.

Message 8 of 13
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Jump to solution

I logged a case and was told Opportunity is not supported at this time...

Message 9 of 13
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Alex,

Have you heard anything from the Support team in relation to using Opportunity Object to create SFM Transaction?

thank you, Sinan

Message 10 of 13
0 Likes