cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibility to add Save button at the bottom of an SFM

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Possibility to add Save button at the bottom of an SFM

Is it possible to get the save button also at the bottom of an SFM transaction. We have some big SFM's and now the user has to scroll all the way up to save it.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Re: Possibility to add Save button at the bottom of an SFM

Hi Sjef, this feels like it would need a change to the ServiceMax Product. Therefore the best place to post it is as an idea for the product team.

https://community.servicemax.com/community/our-products/create-idea!input.jspa?containerID=2017&cont...

There may be a work around in the short term. If you split your SFM into sections then on the left you can select the section. Or you could just add one section which could be blank or have a couple of fields on it for save. I think its logical that when you are viewing the SFM as a section rather than the full view of all sections it would have the save button. So in your scenario you could encourage populating the SFM section by section or you could ask them to access the save section once they were done. no scrolling just switch view then save. I would be interested to know if this works for you.

Regards, Richard

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
Highlighted
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hi Richard, thanks a lot, I posted the idea in the community as well.

The work around will probably not work for our engineers, because they need information that is in previous section in order to perform their job.

Regards, Sjef

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

We are also managing this issue through sections on the page layout, but ideally, the Save button would also be available immediately where the user's cursor is at or on each section.

Staff Chef
Staff Chef

The idea for this can be found here:

https://community.servicemax.com/ideas/1190

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes