Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question : Lookup Filter, filter value to reference a field content

robbie_ko
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Question : Lookup Filter, filter value to reference a field content

Hi Everyone,

I need help on the Lookup Filter capability of servicemax. 

Basically, what I want is when searching for the Assigned Vendor lookup,

The search will only display records IF the BROAD field in the Assigned Vendor object is EQUAL to the BROAD(M) of the Service Request object

Service request has a lookup relationship with Assigned Vendor.

Current config only loads the search indefinitely and nothing happens.

Please help.

Regards,

Robbie

meenakshi_s
Retired
Retired

Re: Question :  Lookup Filter, filter value to reference a field content

The above filter will work only in this condition: Assigned Vendor and Broad(M) are both Service Request object fields.

This is because SVMX.CURRENTRECORD prefix refers to the record which is current in the context. This means the fields being compared are both in the same object. An illustration of this can be found in the online help section Defining a Basic Filter.

If Service Request object is the header object and the Assigned Vendor field is in a child object, SVMX.CURRENTRECORDHEADER prefix can be used, if Broad(M) field is included in the header section of the page layout.

Note that SVMX.CURRENTRECORDHEADER prefix cannot be used in SFM transactions where the header record is newly created, i.e., transactions of type 'from Source Object to create new header and child records' and 'as Standalone for the purpose of creating a new record'.

In this specific case, instead of basic filter, you might want to use lookup context, as the comparison uses Equals operator, and only one field of a supported field type is being used for filtering. More details can be found in the online help section Defining Context.

robbie_ko
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Re: Question :  Lookup Filter, filter value to reference a field content

Thanks Meenakshi. I'm going to try this.