Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

RMA Process - Expected Quantities

Jump to solution

We are currently migrating our RMA process from an old access database onto the Servicemax platform, I have a quick question in regards to Product Line Quantities. Is there a way to prevent users from adding a value higher than the expected quantity on the shipment order to the RMA order?

I have had a look and it does not appear to be possible by leveraging Salesforce validation rules, any ideas on how this could be achieved within the SFM transaction?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Re: RMA Process - Expected Quantities

Jump to solution

Hi Brenden,

You have mentioned in your original post that it does not appear to be possible by leveraging Salesforce validation rules. Have you tried a Salesforce validation rule similar to this?

Syntax: PRIORVALUE( <API Name of the required field> ) < <API Name of the required field>

Example based on a Work Order field:  PRIORVALUE( SVMXC__Driving_Time__c ) < SVMXC__Driving_Time__c

Regards,

Meenakshi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Brenden,

Are you using the out of the box Inventory Processes to manage the RMA and shipment receipt, or a different process called from the SFM? Any screenshots you can share?

Thanks,

MunMun Malik

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi MunMun,

I have cloned the standard SFM transaction "Create RMA from Shipment"  and customized it to meet our business requirements. I have mapped the quantities from the prior shipment to the RMA order, I just cant seem to find a way to prevent users from increasing the quantities on the RMA order. I cannot make this field read only as users may need to decrease quantities if not all of the shipment is coming back as an RMA.

Not shore as to what screenshots you require?

Thanks

Brenden

0 Likes
Highlighted
Retired
Retired

Jump to solution

Hi Brenden,

You have mentioned in your original post that it does not appear to be possible by leveraging Salesforce validation rules. Have you tried a Salesforce validation rule similar to this?

Syntax: PRIORVALUE( <API Name of the required field> ) < <API Name of the required field>

Example based on a Work Order field:  PRIORVALUE( SVMXC__Driving_Time__c ) < SVMXC__Driving_Time__c

Regards,

Meenakshi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Jump to solution

Hi Meenakshi,

This validation rule does not seem to work on the Product Order Line, the validation fires every time a change is made to the quantities, not just when the new value is greater than the prior value. I have raised a support ticket to see if Salesforce has a solution to this issue. I will respond once a solution is put in place.

Cheers

0 Likes