cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFM Designer: Lookup Configuration

Product Team
Product Team

SFM Designer: Lookup Configuration

Hi all, wanted to get your feedback on the 'Lookup' configuration page in SFM designer.

For any lookup/reference field added in SFM pagelayout, we allow to configure basic filters, advance lookup filters, context lookup filter and Form fill.

- What are common issues you face when configuring Lookup filters.

- Any use case you feel is not achievable with our existing configuration page

- Advance lookup filter - thoughts

- Are you looking for improvements - what are those

We are working on new designer page and your feedback would help us.

Tag me Shivaranjini Gangadharappa​ on your response.

Employee
Employee

Re: SFM Designer: Lookup Configuration

Hi Shivaranjini Gangadharappa

Support literals like SVMX.CURRENTRECORD and SVMX.CURRENTRECORDHEADER in lookup advanced filter. This is a common use case when setting filters on lookups like displaying Installed Products Covered under Service Contract when creating PM Plan, Searching for Products available in Product Stock or Stocked Serials or Searching for Products which are covered by Service Contract Parts Pricing.

Antonio Lemos​ I know you had some use cases for Sonae. Can you share please?

治郎 信國​ Please share any feedback which might benefit our team to augment the features.

Yannick Tisserand​ Anything you can share based on your experience?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Additional Thoughts:

- Configure Sort function

- Configure Default Search Predicate like Contains, Starts With, Ends With, Exact Match on a lookup basis. Currently it is only possible through a global settings and applicable for all lookups.

Product Team
Product Team

Thanks for suggestion Mourad LOUNAS

We are evaluating on having search default on lookup basic. Made a note on other items will get back on those

0 Likes
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Hi, Mourad-san,

I have 2 requests.

At first, when you lookup field in related list like work order details, I want to use header object's field as a condition.

ex. looking up User field in work order detail, I want to filter users by their related office set on  work order field "office in charge".

Another is, when you look up technician, I wan to filter technician by if it has user ID or not.

Thank you

Nobukuni

0 Likes
Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Nobukuni-san,

ServiceMax offers a solution which will achieve exactly what you mention in your post. You can configure Lookup 'Context Filtering' to filter results of a lookup on the Work Detail according to the 'Office in Charge' field on the Work Order header as seen below:

For the second item, you can use standard SFM Lookup filtering with criteria 'User ID' NOT NULL:

治郎 信國​. Brittany Taylor​  Lisa Mercer

lookup filter​ lookup_context_filter​ sfm designer​ sfm transaction designer​

Line Chef
Line Chef

Shivaranjini Gangadharappa

I want the ability to adjust the size of the Lookup Windows. It's too small most of the time, and it should be bigger or have the ability to adjust window size. Well actually, this doesn't just apply to the Lookup window, but SFM transaction screen designer in general. (such as Work Detail columns are too small and information is not visible on each of the columns)

Mourad, I just sent you excel file. I couldn't attach my Excel file to this discussion, so can you please forward it to Shivaranjini for me? Thanks in advance.

ISID Hori

Employee
Employee

Shivaranjini Gangadharappa

This is from Masaki Hori

When I open a Lookup in SFM Transaction, the window size is too small most of the time

And I have to manually expand it to show the hidden field labels and values. Want the ability to adjust the size of the lookup window by default, or just simply make it BIG

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Masaki Hori

Thanks for sharing your feedback. This has been addressed in lightning view of the delivery screen. Screen shot for reference. There is no near plan to make any changes to the classic screens.

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 1.47.36 PM.png

Pastry Chef
Pastry Chef

Hello Shivaranjini Gangadharappa​. There are many Ideas which have been submitted on the Community around Lookups as seen below.

In order to make Advanced Lookup filters usable, it's essential that Literals are supported so that filter criteria can be based on fields on the original object. Right now, I can hard-code a fixed value, let's say, "Germany", but we need the ability to use a variable field from the Work Order, such as CURRENTRECORD.Country, so that the lookup is dynamic based on the value from the work order. I have tried to use the Advanced Lookup Criteria in several use-cases, and have always had to abandon the solution:

Advanced Lookup Filter Limitations:

For standard lookups, the customers are really asking for the ability to control settings at the SFM level including the search operator and also the column size. While the column size is somewhat addressed with the shift to lightning, but it really doesn't address the issue completely. We are specifically asking to be able to define column size within an individual SFM in order to fit our customer-specific data size for a given column. In our example, we have columns which display 4 character fields with ample column space next to another column with critical information which is visually truncated due to column size. We would like to drag the column size to fit the data and have the designer capture the column width as a setting. I don't believe you'll be able to solve for the varying nature of customer's data within these columns until, either the customer can define column width, or the designer can dynamically resize columns based on presented data.

SFM Lookup Result Sorting:

SFM Lookup Column Width:

It would also be more user-friendly for the 'Smart Lookup' (Red Magnifying Glass) to be automatically initiated when the user clicks on the lookup from the SFM page layout. Today, a user has to click the SFM page layout lookup, then the lookup screen opens and recent results are displayed. An additional click is then needed to initiate the Smart filter to get actual results. Additionally, if the user has manually typed in a value into the SFM page layout and then clicks a Contact lookup on the SFM page layout lookup, it takes a very long time for the lookup page to load because of the default search operator 'Contains'. If there's already a value in the field, the lookup should default to Exact Match to go right to the value the user has already entered. This is commonly the case in order to use lookup form-fill based on the value a user enters into a lookup within the SFM page layout.

sfm designer​ sfm transaction designer​ lookup filters​ lookup filter​ advanced_lookup_filter​ column size​ bio-rad​

Anita D'SouzaLisa MercerBrittany Taylor

Product Team
Product Team

Hi Michael Majerus

For " If there's already a value in the field, the lookup should default to Exact Match to go right to the value the user has already entered.", if we introduce option to configure default search at designer then admin can define based on the configuration for the lookup.

Will get back to you on this, made a note on other points. Thanks

Anita D'Souza

Employee
Employee

I like the idea of being able to define default search predicate per SFM.

Not applicable

User Reply

Hi my dev team and I are trying to search a way to improve our Installed Product search in SFM lookup from WEB UI and Mobile App.
We have a very huge Installed Base (12 millions of records, not very cleaned) and we are trying combination of search criteria to restrict the search area : unfortunately it seems that a condition including several criteria with OR is not restricting the search and SFM is reading the all database which finally gives no result found (time out) . Can you help on best practices ? 
0 Likes