Highlighted
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

SFM Flow/Mapping Functionality

Hi all, we have an SFM which is used to build an estimate, this is what our back office use to create a quotation for further work based on the engineers initial visit. The engineer will add a "Request/Receipt" line to the Work Details from the FSA. When the back office press the custom SFM "Create Estimate" they have to manually write down, and re-type all the details from the said "Request/Receipt" lines into the estimate screen. How do we facilitate the lines which EQUAL "Request/Receipt" to automatically be collected from the Work Detail lines and auto-write into the line details in the Custom SFM "Create Estimate" to save users having to retype these in every time? Any support or tips would be welcomed! Thanks in advance,

KR, Mark

0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Re: SFM Flow/Mapping Functionality

Richard Lewis​ - Hi Richard, do you have any insight with this, and what we are trying to achieve? KR, Mark

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Mark Varley​, can you provide some more details of the data schema here.

Your Technicians are populating Work Details. How many and if more than one how are they identified? Is it one per component. Will these map one to one to the estimate lines.

What are the objects being used for the estimate. Are these your own custom objects? Do you have a parent estimate and then child estimate line items?

Regards, Richard.

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Richard Lewis

Sure - I'll tell you as much as I know!

Our engineers in the Work Order, populate a custom section called "Parts Requests" here they list the catalogue numbers of items they need to complete the Work Order.

These lines from this section of the work order create lines in the work details named "Request/Receipt" lines - these can only be line type = Parts which they sync back.

From this, within the WO we have a button SFM button called "Create Estimate" which is linked to a custom SFM - when pressing this it loads a screen to populate the lines which need to be estimated for, these lines are always the "Request/Receipt" lines from within the Work Details. These are typed in, manually, and then on saving the SFM creates additional Work Detail lines with line type "Estimate". Hope that this helps somewhat?

Regards, Mark

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

Hi Mark Varley, I suggest your create estimate sfm is updated to have a record type of parts for work detail. Add a checkbox for each one that is auto checked and can be unchecked if needed and call it create estimate line. Or a some other similar name. Add any other fields you need to populate on the estimate line. These won’t show in the other area where the parts lines are added as they will only be on the layout for your create estimate sfm. Then wrote code or use Salesforce process flow that creates a clone of the work detail line for parts when your new ‘create estimate line’ field is changed from false to true. Don’t populate that field on your cloned work detail. 

I think that’s how I would do it. 

The same sort of thing may be possible with config using an sfm built on work detail to create a new record from an existing one and create a work detail from a work detail. Then you would open each work detail for parts and choose the convert to estimate line sfm which would be the new one you would build. I haven’t tried this so it’s just a thought at the moment but would use the same principle as above but wouldn’t need the code and tick box. 

Not sure how set on doing this with configuration you are?

Regards Richard. 

~If my post was useful, please give me a thumbs up! Mark correct answers as 'solutions' so we can all find answers faster!~
0 Likes
Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Richard Lewis​ I'd need to look at it, because the SFM Create Estimate has no criteria to enable it, the SFM button is there in the browser at all times, and is manually populated when an engineer requests additional items. So the SFM is a Standalone for the purpose of editing an existing record. There is no qualifying criteria, but only some mapping that when this SFM has been completed, the status of the WO changes to "waiting quotation acceptance". I don't think (it was before my time) it was built particularly well and that's why it doesn't do what we want it to do. In essence when the WO has been to the engineer and he has added some "Parts Request" to the work lines, then when this SFM is pressed we'd like them 'Request' lines the engineer created, to be mapped into the SFM for Create Estimate if we can do it that way, save people handwriting the numbers down, then re-typing them into the SFM for creating an estimate. #puzzled 

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

HI Mark Varley​, do you have any technical resource who could build you a new SFM to do this?

There is a way to do it even if its not possible with 100% config.

Regards, Richard

Roast Chef
Roast Chef

Hi Richard Lewis​ - yes we have internal IT people based in the UK and Paris who can assist with new SFM building.

I will speak to them and see about their input to this topic, I am sure like you it is completely possible - but its a case of how, rather than if.

Regards, Mark

0 Likes
Staff Chef
Staff Chef

I can give them some guidance but hope my comments so far will point them in the right direction. I am off work until the 5th Nov so replies may be sporadic from me.

Regards, Richard