cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFM Not Active-how to grant access to it

Grill Chef
Grill Chef

SFM Not Active-how to grant access to it

Does anyone have thoughts on why an SFM on our Work Order object is not active for anyone other than the user logged as the technician?

When logged in as the user set as the Technician on a Work Order, the SFM Transactions within the Work Order Mobile Toolbox Wizard on the Work Order object is active and can be used by him but it's not active for any other users, including myself and I am a system admin. I need to extend permissions to another user to assist some technicians with updating their records and I can't figure out how to do that.

I will be submitting a Case to Servicemax support for assistance as well but thought I'd reach out to the Community in case anyone else has run into this and might have some answers.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Fry Chef
Fry Chef

Re: SFM Not Active-how to grant access to it

Hi Paula,

SInce you are a System Admin, you might not have permissions to view the SFM from Work Order. Inorder to view the same navigate to ServiceMax Setup - Service Flow Manager - SFM Wizard - Edit the SFM that you would like to view in the WO - Click on Manage Permissions - Select the Profile that you are tagged to.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks!

Message 2 of 7
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Hello Shankar.

Thanks for the input but I did verify that my Profile (System Admin) was assigned to a SVMX profile that had permissions to that Wizard/SFM so it's not that. That is why I am confused.

Message 3 of 7
0 Likes

Hi Paula Vogler​,

When another technician with the same profile as the tech assigned to the work order tries to access the work order, does it show the SFM to that user or is it showing up only for the owner of the work order regardless of the profile being same?

Message 4 of 7
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Good Morning Sharath.

You were on the right track! I was investigating all the tabs (qualifications, etc) on the actual SFM setup screens but apparently within the Wizard it's included in, for that step there is criteria that I wasn't aware of. The developer that implemented our org created a formula field to determine if the running user is equal to the Technician on the Work Order. That formula field is used in the criteria for this step (SFM) and only allows the Technician to modify the record. I wasn't aware those requirements were ever given but they must have been back then as I don't see him creating extra config/work for himself otherwise. So mystery solved. Thanks to you and Shankar for trying to help.

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for the update Paula Vogler​. Can you please mark this question as answered?

Message 6 of 7
0 Likes
Grill Chef
Grill Chef

Thanks Sharath, I wasn't aware of that. I have updated as assumed answered.

Message 7 of 7